On the waitlist for a Timmy, and I'm calling Klon tomorrow to get on the waitlist.

• Members

A successful few days for my pedals and I haha. Also, tomorrow will be the first day I get to play my original Way Huge Swollen pickle that I picked up. :love:

While HCFX was down, I learned that PaulC is actually located like 30 minutes from me, and his only dealer is right down the street from me. I gave him a call to find out when he was shipping his next batch out to them, and I told them to reserve me one, so it looks like I'll get a Timmy at normal price, but I'll only have to wait a month.

Also, while I'm waiting for my Klon to show up, the other guitar player in my band has one of the original gold Klons with the centaur figure on it, and he said I can borrow that for gigs and rehearsals until I get mine in.

Hooray for the Christmas season!

• Members

What are you talking about?

as i'm told, by a friend who ordered a klon, there is a test before you can get on the list. he will ask you about your amp (in every intimate detail) and then about some of the other stuff you use, then will decide if you know your gear well enough to have a klon and if a klon would work well in your set up.

i didn't read this anywhere... i was told that by someone who brought it up candidly... no real reason to mess with me. if i'm wrong, oh well... but if i'm right, i'll bet this thread gets real interesting tomorrow.

• Members

as i'm told, by a friend who ordered a klon, there is a test before you can get on the list. he will ask you about your amp (in every intimate detail) and then about some of the other stuff you use, then will decide if you know your gear well enough to have a klon and if a klon would work well in your set up.

i didn't read this anywhere... i was told that by someone who brought it up candidly... no real reason to mess with me. if i'm wrong, oh well... but if i'm right, i'll bet this thread gets real interesting tomorrow.

That's pretty wrong. You pay the deposit, you get on the waiting list.

• Members

best of luck on the klon call... hope he approves of your gear.

Thanks! Me too haha. I've heard the same thing though, that he sort of interviews you. Hopefully he approves of my stuff, but I tried one tonight, and I can flat out tell him it does what I want for my set up. Hopefully that's enough to convince him, and if not, maybe he does like money. haha

• Members

Mistersuperfly and I just got our Timmy's from Harbor Music Shop all the way out here in Redondo Beach just last month. Waiting time? 2 days for me to drive up home for Thanksgiving and pick it up :)

Also, BillF (Klon dude) takes orders via email. You don't even have to talk to him. That's how I put my order through.

• Members
Mistersuperfly and I just got our Timmy's from Harbor Music Shop all the way out here in Redondo Beach just last month. Waiting time? 2 days for me to drive up home for Thanksgiving and pick it up
:)

Also, BillF (Klon dude) takes orders via email. You don't even have to talk to him. That's how I put my order through.

You're so many steps ahead of me, I can't even keep up haha.

See, here I was thinking I was cool, and getting a Timmy without having to wait the whole time, and you gotta go and show me up with your "facts" and your "dates." ;):lol:

That's awesome you guys got them so quickly though! I guess the store near me sold out right before I called, or else I could've done the same thing.

As far as the Klon goes though, I've e-mailed Bill before, and he told me to call him if I wanted to order a Klon. Sounded like he wouldn't do it through e-mail? I dunno. Maybe it just depends what day you catch him on.

• Members

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either pedal. I kind of wish I had stayed on the Klon waiting list but I had to pull out because I needed the money for a ticket I got. I'm actually thinking about getting rid of the Timmy because it's not really getting used.

That sucks you had to pull out of the Klon waiting list. I really, really can not afford it, but after playing the one my other guitar player owns, I realized I don't really have a choice in the matter. Hellooooo Ramen haha.

Out of curiosity, why aren't you using the Timmy?

• Members

That sucks you had to pull out of the Klon waiting list. I really, really can not afford it, but after playing the one my other guitar player owns, I realized I don't really have a choice in the matter. Hellooooo Ramen haha.

Out of curiosity, why aren't you using the Timmy?

The Klon is a great pedal that people here like to bash because it's the "cool" thing to do. I really liked it through my '59 Bassman RI and Marshall DSL. One of my dad's friends had one and loaned it to me for a week and it just made the amps so much better. I used it as an "always on" pedal and as a clean boost.

I'm not using the Timmy because my amp already has a built in clean boost and OD channel. I'm actually on the fence about getting rid of it because I'm thinking of picking up a Fender DRRI and I can see it being used with that. For now it's just sitting in a box somewhere at the jam spot.

• Members

Parah Salin- Did Harbor Music have Tim's when you went? I called recently to check and he said he was getting a batch in of Timmys but would let me know if Tims came in.

Was just wondering if you saw any when you went.

And I did not know of this interview business for t3h Klonzzzzz

• Members
That's pretty wrong. You pay the deposit, you get on the waiting list.

There was a forumite here about a month ago that posted a thread stating that he literally got turned down by the Klon man; i.e. he just flat-out said the Klon wouldn't sound good through his amp and turned him down on the waitlist. :facepalm:

• Members
There was a forumite here about a month ago that posted a thread stating that he literally got turned down by the Klon man; i.e. he just flat-out said the Klon wouldn't sound good through his amp and turned him down on the waitlist.
:facepalm:

Can you find the thread? I don't remember that.

• Members

we'll see tomorrow... and my reference is from a few years ago... maybe he likes making money now. ?

Ah, the recession. Don't tell him about the Timmy. LOL.

Just curious why people post to tell what they just bought. I'm interested in a review or some clips...who cares that you have extra cash or a long credit card statement.

Hey...went to the grocery store and bought some 2% milk...wow, how interesting.

• Members
There was a forumite here about a month ago that posted a thread stating that he literally got turned down by the Klon man; i.e. he just flat-out said the Klon wouldn't sound good through his amp and turned him down on the waitlist.

Don't you think the end user should be the judge of that. How obnoxious.

I'd like to buy this truck...oh, the hatchback will suit me better? Gee, thanks...you're a genius.

We're not worthy!:cop:

• Members

wasn't me but I had a similar experience a couple years ago. I had tried a Klon thru some $3k+ Carr amp and loved it. At the time my main amp was a JC120 and I was pretty naive about how boosts worked. Called to order one and was told it wouldn't work well.

I don't see any issue with it, saves him from building one for someone who would probably end up disappointed and bad mouth and/or flip it.

Archived