2010...year of the Black Finger!

companyman

• Members

Just got a Black Finger in the mail. A trade with BrianPhase90, thanks dude! It sounds great, really warms up the solid state preamp on my Musicman RD-50. It adds a polished liveliness to clean sounds that I was lacking, and adds a definite character to my dirty sounds. All in all, it is just what I was looking for. Next up will be a Tube Zipper, that will make 3 PureTube creations on my board, Flanger Hoax, Black Finger and a Tube Zipper...a trifecta of awesome! HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2010 is off to a good start!

• Members

The power supply plug sticks out of the side a long way though...my only complaint.

Yeah, the power jacks on the tube series isn't very conducive to pedal boards. If I were a touring musician again, I would think about modifying it and place the jack on the top of the unit somewhere away from the footswitch, or just hardwire the adaptor. It's not a big enough issue for me currently.

What setting are you using most?

• Members

I haven't settled in on a particular one yet, honestly I can't find a bad sound in this thing! I think I am ordering a Tube Zipper today, do you have one? If so, would you say that it would be useful as a medium to high gain drive, in addition to a filter and weirdness generator?

• Members

I think I am ordering a Tube Zipper today, do you have one? If so, would you say that it would be useful as a medium to high gain drive, in addition to a filter and weirdness generator?

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6747245

The Tube Zipper is very versatile. You just have to spend some time with it to get the sounds you want. Like all envelope filters, settings change depending on the signal gain coming into it. I like the way it sounds when used in front of the Black Finger so that the compression tames the filter peaks a bit.

• Members

The Tube Zipper is very versatile. You just have to spend some time with it to get the sounds you want. Like all envelope filters, settings change depending on the signal gain coming into it. I like the way it sounds when used in front of the Black Finger so that the compression tames the filter peaks a bit.

thanks for the tip, I'll try that when the Tube Zipper I just ordered comes this week! ;) I'm hoping that it will serve as a medium/high gain drive, envelope filter and synthy weirdness generator! :thu:

• Members

that demo recording was my inspiration to get a Tube Zipper! I also think that they were designed to work with other PureTube designs, like the Flanger Hoax and the Black Finger. I'm stoked to get the board in order. :thu:

Archived