Question For Anyone Who Bought A Pedal Train with Hard Case

mikeoxlong

• Members

was it worth the cash>? they are significantly expensive... I am starting to tour a lot more and am kinda thinking the organization and protection will make it worth while... plus not everything fits on my board at the moment...

It's just that the pedal train pro (the one i need) is like $325 here.... I could get a sick pedal for that price....

anyone?

• Members

with the hardcase it'll be {censored}ing heavy.

but if someone else is loading/unloading your precious gear, then it's totally worth it (and his back)

but if you're doing all your muscle.. eh, don't bother. just keep being careful.

ya i was worried about the weight... i will be loading it myself but I also lug around a vt 22 so it's not the end of the world... I like the idea of not having to be careful with my board tho..

• Members

I have the Pedaltrain Pro for the main part of my pedal rig (there are aux boards as well, but they're in their own cases). I went for the hard-case version.

The case is goddamned huge. It is bigger than you think, and doesn't actually use its interior space very well (could've fit a bigger board easy). But it is super secure, really well constructed, and wonderful piece of mind.

It is excessive, but then I'm all about excessive as many of you know :)

But it's heavy. So heavy. It has wheels, but man...

...You need to have it :D

PS - nice Garnets in the avatar. They are fun, huh?

• Members
I have the Pedaltrain Pro for the main part of my pedal rig (there are aux boards as well, but they're in their own cases). I went for the hard-case version.

The case is
goddamned huge
. It is bigger than you think, and doesn't actually use its interior space very well (could've fit a bigger board easy). But it is super secure,
really
well constructed, and wonderful piece of mind.

It is excessive, but then I'm all about excessive as many of you know
:)

But it's heavy. So heavy. It has wheels, but man...

...You need to have it
:D

PS - nice Garnets in the avatar. They are fun, huh?

garnets are amazing amps...

quick question, do you carry it around a lot? and did u ever own a pedal board before hand? how did it compare weight wise?

• Members

I used to use a PT-Pro w/ hard case, and as others said, the case is WAY bigger than you think.

Also, I looked into flying with it, and it would have cost me $400 since it is over the size and weight limits.

I highly recommend the PT-2 with hard case, and keep your pedal GAS in line by knowing you only have that much space to work with. I believe you can get everything you need onto that size board with some discipline and careful choosing of pedals.

And the cases are VERY sturdy. No worries there.

• Members

I used to use a PT-Pro w/ hard case, and as others said, the case is WAY bigger than you think.

Also, I looked into flying with it, and it would have cost me $400 since it is over the size and weight limits.

I highly recommend the PT-2 with hard case, and keep your pedal GAS in line by knowing you only have that much space to work with. I believe you can get everything you need onto that size board with some discipline and careful choosing of pedals.

And the cases are VERY sturdy. No worries there.

I would downsize for a flight, but I really do need a bigger board, or at least a board that can let me hide all the pedal powering crap

• Members

I toured a lot this last year with the PT Jr, and there is no question that my board/cables/pedal settings would've been {censored}ed without that hardcase. Even with the Jr it ends up being heavy, so I'm sure a loaded Pro in the case must be ridiculous, but if you're gigging all the time I think it's a must. You also don't have to be precious about where and how it's packed in the van/trailer, which all by itself is quite a relief.

• Members

I toured a lot this last year with the PT Jr, and there is no question that my board/cables/pedal settings would've been {censored}ed without that hardcase. Even with the Jr it ends up being heavy, so I'm sure a loaded Pro in the case must be ridiculous, but if you're gigging all the time I think it's a must. You also don't have to be precious about where and how it's packed in the van/trailer, which all by itself is quite a relief.

true, can u throw it upside down and be good to go?

• Members

I would downsize for a flight, but I really do need a bigger board, or at least a board that can let me hide all the pedal powering crap

You cans still mount power supplies under the PT-2... :poke:

I have both a PP2+ and power strip under mine... :poke:

:poke::poke:

:poke:

• Members

You cans still mount power supplies under the PT-2... :poke:

I have both a PP2+ and power strip under mine... :poke:

:poke::poke:

:poke:

i know, but the pro is basically the same size as the board I have now

FUUU big box micro synth and origional pog and all the other huge pedals I have but love too much to get rid of.

can't justify paying an extra 150$ for a small box microsynth

• Members

Wanted List:

Guillotine

Woolly Mammoth

Wh-1

Hot Cake

Prunes & Custard

Holy Grail

Moog Freq Box

A Bigger Pedal Board

I think you should stick to the pro :p

I looked around for pedalboards a while ago, and managed to get myself a Diago board. It's UK based so i'm not sure they'd ship, and a lot of the space does get taken by a powersupply.. but it's sturdy!

I was originally going a size up from the board i eventually bought, although as tubescreamer mentioned, theres something satisfying about trying to get pedals within limits and curbing that inevitable GAS.

Soon after i ran out of space, i stopped looking at pedals. Good times.

• Members

i have a PT2 w/hardcase. It is {censored}ing heavy. But then again, i have had the 'holy crap, my tailgate is open' experience while driving, so its worth it for that alone lol. Its great, and will definitely support an average/welterweight human.

havent had good experiences w/'gigbags' for pedals, especially if you have a setup of 5+ pedals. i had the EHX pedalbag for a while, and while it gave me a good run, the fabric let up. i had it maybe 4 years or so.

• Members

I bought one with the soft case. If you plan on touring at all, definitely get a hard case. the soft adds cushion but definitely not enough protection from anything serious.

and as for the pedal train pro, it's fantastic. you could jump up and down on it with no harm. and definitely plenty of room for pedals.

Archived