New Pedal coming. Rockbox Boiling Point

ΨWindingΨ

• Members

I want to know how it works out for you. I've always wondered how well those "Holy Grail" ods actually worked. I get amazing tones out of my Cool Cat Drive, but its cool hearing $20m od pedals sometimes.

I'll let you know what I think of it. Currently I have a Lovepedal Burst E so it will have to beat that.

• Members

Now this is just a small review, and mind you not the best setup but so far the tone is amazing.

And I was using it as a OD into my GuitarPort. :D

I actually like my Strat with the Clean Boost mode into the GP running headphones. It sounds very nice.

Now the real test is on my board tomorrow at practice. But I am sure it will sound fine. I normally test all my pedals into my GuitarPort. If it sound good there it well anywhere. ;)

More to come...

Oh and I got it from a member of the Gear Page.

• Members

I've seen a bunch of them change hands quickly on TGP, not sure what that means. The demos certainly sound good. BUt price is a turnoff. I like my Lovepedal Eternity Fuse a lot, and have decided I don't like searching for the next great overdrive all that much anymore. But I hope you like it!

• Members

I've seen a bunch of them change hands quickly on TGP, not sure what that means. The demos certainly sound good. BUt price is a turnoff. I like my Lovepedal Eternity Fuse a lot, and have decided I don't like searching for the next great overdrive all that much anymore. But I hope you like it!

I've only seen a few myself change hands. This one of course included. Peeps on the Gear Page are always turning stuff. Even seen many Klons change hands.

Price wise doesn't bother me. I paid $210 for a Lovepedal Burst E and it only does one of what the BP does well. I will probably keep that and my Les Lius. But so far the BP is a beast. What I have noticed is how many tones it seems to have in it. Plexi, Voxy, great Country Twang using the Clean Boost and on. I played Liza Jane using in and it had a very convincing Country tone. Did some Gilmour too. Not bad, not bad at all.

But like I said, the real test is tomorrow on my rig. I don't expect crap out of it just with my preliminary messing around a few hours today.

I'd say the tone on the video I posted was pretty much spot on, but there's more tones than they even shown in the vid.

• Members

Isn't that the one that Andy from PGS {censored} bricks for?

http://proguitarshop.com/store/overdrive-pedals-rockbox-boiling-point-overdrive-c-6_534/rockbox-boiling-point-overdrive-429-p-1312

I have been on the list for 3 months, the 2 times I got an email to tell me one is available its sold. The one's that make it to ebay sell for more than 349.00

• Members

the demos always sound nice, then you buy, and realize youre "gassed", a pedal like there are hundreds alike.

That's not what happens if you put time into knowing what you're getting. I have bought some pedals I haven't been excited over but most of the time I get what I was looking for.

About the only disappointment I have had of late was a Menatone Kar Krash. Not a fit for me. Although some really like it.

I figure it this way. I have 2,500 in amp, 3,500 in LP and another 1,500 in board, what they heck would I want to get something in a compromise for an OD. Besides it may know one or two pedals off my board. Might. :D I do like to stack pedals too. I bet it would stack well with my Burst E.

• Members

Have one, very nice pedal. Great clean boost, all 3 modes are very usable and the bass boost can come in handy in some situations. Very quiet as well compared to other pedals. Still love the Eternity stuff but this one kicked off a few pedal on my board as it has really been doing a superb job!!

• Members

Have one, very nice pedal. Great clean boost, all 3 modes are very usable and the bass boost can come in handy in some situations. Very quiet as well compared to other pedals. Still love the Eternity stuff but this one kicked off a few pedal on my board as it has really been doing a superb job!!

Yep I may still keep my Burst E. It sounds very nice. I also still like the Les Luis for the brown/grind thing and low powered Tweed tone. I will have to experiment with my BP but I bet it will be my new clean boost and heavy OD. I might get rid of my Diamond Comp though as it was my old clean boost. Hmm...

• Members

I'm dying for one of these- how much was yours?

$365. More than what PGS was selling because I wanted it. :D

Actually the fella I got it from bought it at PGS. He just preferred to get gain from the amp so sold it. Mine is SN#502 made 1/10/2010 so it is mint new. I snagged it 'cause the fellow who was going to buy it from the owner didn't like black/red swirl. I actually think the picture I posted, which the original owner took, didn't do it justice. It is even nicer looking than that.

But looks are nothing. I am taking it to practice now. My critique will follow later today.

• Members

OK, it is an exceptional OD/Distortion/Clean Boost.

Kind of like having a few pedals without a doubt. All the tones are very refined and depending on where you set it sounds extremely different on each setting at each degree.

This pedal has a lot of gain, tone and grind. With the tone in the middle potion it is bright so I ended up running it at 11:00 which is really smooth with my rig.

Another thing about this pedal is how quiet it is. But overall it is well worth the price considering how useful of a tone pallet it has.

It does cover my Burst E tone well so I maybe replacing that. But I have to try it stacked yet. It does stack well with my Les Lius. :)

Oh, it also cleans up well via guitar volume.

Archived