• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Indeed, there seems to be a drought these days of
:rawk:
and great songwriting
:cry:

It's like all the great songwriters are super-chill, and all the rockers have gone metal or pseudo-punk. Where's the great middle ground?

Yeah, I think you are right... probably why I don't buy much these days. It's either way too mellow or just a load of noise, my mate was playing me some bands the other week, all sounded pretty good musically but the vocals were way too shouty for me, not enough melody.

• Members

after a week of listening to sirius xmu, I'm now sick of all dancy, synthy, delayed-vocals indie music

{censored}s getting old

unfortunately, first track on that mix that came up for me was just that

so I didn't go any further

• Members

after a week of listening to sirius xmu, I'm now sick of all dancy, synthy, delayed-vocals indie music

{censored}s getting old

unfortunately, first track on that mix that came up for me was just that

so I didn't go any further

Yeah, a lot of the tunes on these Indie Samplers can kind of be divided cleanly into 3 camps -- late sixties jangly reverb, early eighties dark synth or power pop, and early 90s shoegaze or trance.

But I dig it still.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't say I'm digging the SPIN sampler very much :( There a few tracks I'll add to a mix, but nothing that really stands out and says, "ooh, I need to hear the whole album."

ive had this for a few days. i dig the posies song. i actually have a ticket to see them since im going to a show they are co headlining with Brenden Benson, so im glad i dig it.

Brenden Benson is awesome, but I'm not getting the Posies song :confused:

• 4 months later...

Archived