Fantom G 1.10 update available

• Members

Now it makes sense to go to the G.

I'm hoping they planned a ROM upgrade... wouldn't that be awesome? Another 256 and we'd have 512Mb of samples. There's a lot of stuff that hasn't been ported over from the SRX cards, including the SRX-12 Rhodes. New strings samples would also help...

Anyway, it's good news, and a sign Roland is keeping an eye on the ball...

• Members
I'm hoping they planned a ROM upgrade... wouldn't that be awesome? Another 256 and we'd have 512Mb of samples. There's a lot of stuff that hasn't been ported over from the SRX cards, including the SRX-12 Rhodes. New strings samples would also help...

That's certainly doable. ARX technology is pretty open-ended.

• Members

That's certainly doable. ARX technology is pretty open-ended.

But how does it work? It doesn't seem like it's sample based, judging from the EPs that I have played. They seem like a very good synthesized version of the EPs, but they didn't sound real to me. The SuperNatural cards seem to me like they're synths that only have parameters that are specific to the instrument that the card represents. If there are samples, they are so processed that I can't tell it's a sample.

It could be just me though.

• Members

How would a "ROM upgrade" be possible? I assume the Factory ROM is burned on a chip inside the Fantom-G.

You mentioned it yourself. Expansion ROM.

The Fantom-G manual states that ARX boards have the potential of 16-part multitimbrality (despite ARX-01 and 02 being monotimbral). As ARX boards are effectively complete synths in and of themselves (extra parts, extra polyphony), Roland could make whatever they wanted

Archived