using 2 delays? parallel? or series? what appeals to you more?

linusâ„¢

• Members

im having a hard time figuring this out. i want to try parallel delays. i have a line 6dl4 and a pod xt live with a stereo rig setup, how could i achieve parallel delays?

Stereo delay summed to mono instead of stereo. Done.

• Members

Using 2 delays? wrong...use 4.

helll yesss...

alltogethernow.jpg

I got slapback from the polychorus, dd-3 at the beginning of the chain re-20 going to one amp and the multiplay to another.

sounds amazing.

• Members

I have 8 different delays. and a Korg AX1g with delay/loop stuff. and a space station that has weirdo reverse delays.

so I'm wondering what I can do with them all.

Boss DM2

RE20

DD20

Digitech PDS1002

Ibanez DDL

Echo park

Dano Reel echo

Dano PB&J

the DM2 and PB&J have mono outs

the Ibanez, Digitech and Reel echo have 2 outs, but one is dry signal

RE20, DD20, Echo park are 2 in, 2 out

also and RC20. mic in, instrument in, mono out.

• Members

I read this post yesterday and was thinking about it all day. Never tried parallel before and was inspired/intrigued, so today I hooked it up:

Gtr ->

Diamond Comp ->

LS-2 -(A)-> DD-3

LS-2 -(B)-> Carbon Copy

LS-2 ->

Analogman Chorus ->

Amp

Messed around with various settings for awhile, then put their delay repeats at the same speed and went with the A+B blend. Then time just kinda stopped....

Three hours later, I'm still loving it. :love:

Hey, I learned something from the forum today! Sweet....ok, I'm gonna go play some more. Thanks guys!

• Members

I read this post yesterday and was thinking about it all day. Never tried parallel before and was inspired/intrigued, so today I hooked it up:

Gtr ->

Diamond Comp ->

LS-2 -(A)-> DD-3

LS-2 -(B)-> Carbon Copy

LS-2 ->

Analogman Chorus ->

Amp

Messed around with various settings for awhile, then put their delay repeats at the same speed and went with the A+B blend. Then time just kinda stopped....

Three hours later, I'm still loving it.
:love:

Hey, I learned something from the forum today! Sweet....ok, I'm gonna go play some more. Thanks guys!

thats a lot of ls-2s ..

:thu:

• Members

Parallel for me! I find things get out of hand pretty fast with series (though it can be really fun). After boosters/OD I run into a Memory Lane 2 and send its delay only output to a Dano Drive, then a Peavey Classic 50. Sometimes I run a pitch shifter (1 octave up, 75% wet) in the loop of the ML2. The direct signal then goes to a Halo Chorus, then a Timefactor, then a Blues Classic or Blues Junior. I really like the sound because the first delay gets a totally different voice than the main signal. Also it lets me use the modulation on the Memory Lane without it ever interacting with other chorus effects. Mmmmm...good!

• Members

I like both, depends on what I'm doing. I have some parallel delays set up in the time factor, but I also use the timefactor with another delay and run in series. It all depends on what sound I'm wanting to go for.

• Members

Gtr ->

Diamond Comp ->

LS-2 -(A)-> DD-3

LS-2 -(B)-> Carbon Copy

LS-2 ->

Analogman Chorus ->

Amp

Three hours later, I'm still loving it.
:love:

Wait, wait, wait. Learning something from HCFX and then actually playing guitar? That's not acceptable, man. Put the guitar down and get back to buying stuff and posting about it.

Archived