Peter North

Peter North

Peter North

Peter North

Peter North

Peter North

:eek::cool::love::poke::cop::thu::idea::evil::thu::lol:

• Members

someone recently recommended them to me.

my take was they have an interesting sound but dont put any effort at all in songwriting.

i guess for most people if youre look the part and and have the delivery down it doesnt really matter what youre playing.
:)

Perhaps they put effort into the songwriting but you don't like the songs?

• Members

i dig comets on fire.

you all ought to check out that documentary with all these bands in it.,

forgot the name but its all about the new psych scene, its cool

Does anyone know the name of this?! I saw a preview a year ago and there were some gratuitous gear shots of Comets and all of his Jaguars. I googled amnd came up short...

• Members

someone recently recommended them to me.

my take was they have an interesting sound but dont put any effort at all in songwriting.

i guess for most people if youre look the part and and have the delivery down it doesnt really matter what youre playing.
:)

I could see that angle from someone that maybe isn't into alot of that whole psych/ fuzz/ stoner scene. Alot of those bands get by probably more on attitude and overall delivery than songwriting.....Nebula, for instance, i'd never say that they're songwriters, but maybe texturers--songs get written around an overall vibe or feel. I like well written songs, but the fact that attitude or overall vibe is king why I like most of those bands.....the lyrics and vocals aren't the focus, neither is the songwriting-- it's about the power of riff, fuzz, atmosphere. You can zone out to alot of it and not feel like you have to concentrate on what those songs are telling you lyrically or what you're supposed to feel. The bands just sort of create the overall vibe of what they're trying to convey.

Archived