Yes, I'm asking this delay question again...

Stubacca

• Members

Both are great... we could argue sonic aesthetics all day, but IMO it comes down to what features you need/want. Both pedals can do things the other can't so, basically:

If you need a {censored} ton of presets, stereo functionality, MIDI-capability, ultimate control over every aspect of your delay, or a LED readout -- Timefactor.

If you want something that's more compact, has a less complex UI, and don't need all that other stuff -- Superdelay.

• Members

I have both, but I tend to use the Superdelay in more everyday applications. The Timefactor is on kind of an extension board and is used for stereo stuff. For me it would be hard to use the Timefactor as a go to delay, because of the fact that there are 40 presets and you can only scroll up. And I don't want to purchase an additional controller to go down. Presets on the Superdelay are very nice and manageable though.

• Members

Both are great... we could argue sonic aesthetics all day, but IMO it comes down to what features you need/want. Both pedals can do things the other can't so, basically:

If you need a {censored} ton of presets, stereo functionality, MIDI-capability, ultimate control over every aspect of your delay, or a LED readout -- Timefactor.

If you want something that's more compact, has a less complex UI, and don't need all that other stuff -- Superdelay.

Hey Nick, what's the deal on the VM Superdelay? Was that a limited run deal?

• Members

Hey Nick, what's the deal on the VM Superdelay? Was that a limited run deal?

im not nick, but its not limited. the first run was a small batch allegedly used for testing the waters to see how they would sell. obviously they sold pretty well so PGS still gets them. im pretty sure it is exclusive to PGS though

• Members

im not nick, but its not limited. the first run was a small batch allegedly used for testing the waters to see how they would sell. obviously they sold pretty well so PGS still gets them. im pretty sure it is exclusive to PGS though

Thanks Andrew!

• Members

Yeah. PGS initially said they were being made in "limited quantities" ...but never said how many.

And in case you don't know, it's essentially the same as the 'standard' version, save tweaks on Tape modes B & C.

• Members

I like to use the superdelay for finding new inspiring delay sounds. much simpler interface.

but i keep the timefactor on my board, & just use it to recreate all the delays that I need. I use lots of syncopation, and the TF can let me dial those things in very easily, and I use an external tap to sync the bmp on it and a modfactor. I get some really nice sounds out of it.

• Members

reverse mode c is the mode 7 of the sd... cool, but not practical. i may test drive the timefactor soon, and i hope its more stage friendly than the empress.

stage friendly, to me, is a dl4. 3 ready to go presets with no troubles and an expression control of the time ratio. empress only lets you control mix and repeats... not something i'm interested in tweeking on the fly.

I love the superdelay, and i will miss mine greatly, but its time for making moves to accomodate a band setting, and not a bedroom or session work (cause that well is dry for me right now)

• Members

it is not hard to make a switch to bank down for the eventide units. but i realize not everyone would have the tools to make one. this1smyne or w/e his user name is sells all kinds of external switches/expression units for this specific use tho.

• Members

I think the timefactor is one of the best delays that has ever come out.

It is my go to, it is my irreplaceable. The superdelay is a dumber delay for a user...but it sounds fantastic. I use a tape delay on my superdelay for live, most everything else is timefactor. Reverse mode C is overdone by everyone on here, don't let that be your deciding factor, as a Ps-3 could do that, as well as the pitchfactor.

The timefactor can have any number of dual delays going....dotted 1/16 with a 5/16 triplet or some {censored}...I don't know. Also, super crazy expression-ability, can also have up to 3 external taps added for extended features. It's really {censored}ing incredible.

• Members

I think the timefactor is one of the best delays that has ever come out.

It is my go to, it is my irreplaceable. The superdelay is a dumber delay for a user...but it sounds fantastic. I use a tape delay on my superdelay for live, most everything else is timefactor. Reverse mode C is overdone by everyone on here, don't let that be your deciding factor, as a Ps-3 could do that, as well as the pitchfactor.

The timefactor can have any number of dual delays going....dotted 1/16 with a 5/16 triplet or some {censored}...I don't know. Also, super crazy expression-ability, can also have up to 3 external taps added for extended features. It's really {censored}ing incredible.

sold.

Archived