I heard Lady Gaga, here's my review...

Zietto

• Members

So far she didn't manage to write a single good tune. Ok she is cute, sexy, she can sing decently and play the piano decently (well..three chords, something that Madonna isn't capable of), but who cares? The compositions are horrible so far, and it's euro trash most of the time, you need just a computer to do that. Kids and teenagers are totally brainwashed by the media and videoclips, this Lady Gaga it's not for mature people. Can you see yourself listening to "Paparazzi" when you'll be 50 years old? She is like Madonna and Britney Spears, when they'll die nobody will listen to their crappy music anymore. And comparing her to Elton John is pure madness! Go to listen to Kate Bush instead, she is such a genius.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep horrible compositions that make her a {censored}ton of money. I still firmly believe she is an amazing musician, and she knows how to appeal to a wide audience. She writes what she writes to make money. It goes against what I believe in as a musician, but in an economical sense, she knows what she's doing.

• Members

Yep horrible compositions that make her a {censored}ton of money. I still firmly believe she is an amazing musician, and she knows how to appeal to a wide audience. She writes what she writes to make money. It goes against what I believe in as a musician, but in an economical sense, she knows what she's doing.

I have nothing against money if it comes from genuine music (whether it's rock, jazz, folk, funk, classical, blues, acoustic, flamenco). But in Gaga and Madonna nothing is genuine, the goal is money and popularity. I think we have to choose between money and music at a certain point in our lives.

• Members

I have nothing against money if it comes from genuine music (whether it's rock, jazz, folk, funk, classical, blues, acoustic, flamenco). But in Gaga and Madonna nothing is genuine, the goal is money and popularity. I think we have to choose between money and music at a certain point in our lives.

And what I was saying is that it's pretty obvious which she chose

• Members

So far she didn't manage to write a single good tune. Ok she is cute, sexy, she can sing decently and play the piano decently (well..three chords, something that Madonna isn't capable of), but who cares? The compositions are horrible so far, and it's euro trash most of the time, you need just a computer to do that. Kids and teenagers are totally brainwashed by the media and videoclips, this Lady Gaga it's not for mature people. Can you see yourself listening to "Paparazzi" when you'll be 50 years old? She is like Madonna and Britney Spears, when they'll die nobody will listen to their crappy music anymore. And comparing her to Elton John is pure madness! Go to listen to Kate Bush instead, she is such a genius.

You're just jealous her shlong is bigger than yours.

(fwiw, that's a really nasty, vicious rumor.)

• Members

truth

+ 1 for the Kate Bush recommendation, we discussed her in my college music composition class

• Members

Lady Gaga looks like a teenage dude who failed at making a Ziggy Stardust costume for Halloween.

I don't like Madonna either, but she will be around forever.........

Lucky Star, Like A Virgin, Borderline, Vogue, This Used To Be My Playground, Papa Don't Preach, Ray Of Light, I can think of a bunch of her songs right off of the top of my head, and I bet a lot of you can too..............

• Members

She comes from a 'middle class' background, was brought up in a recording studio, and she has developed musical knowledge along with confidence, an ego and an intensity that people mistake for artistic merit and talent. But big deal, she's not on par with a mature song writer like say, Nick Cave or someone, and she seems pretty vacuous, but I just don't pay much attention to her.

Ra-ra-ra-ma-pa-pa-pa-or some {censored}.

• Members

She comes from a 'middle class' background, was brought up in a recording studio, and she has developed musical knowledge along with confidence, an ego and an intensity that people mistake for artistic merit and talent. But big deal, she's not on par with a mature song writer like say, Nick Cave or someone, and she seems pretty vacuous, but I just don't pay much attention to her.

Ra-ra-ra-ma-pa-pa-pa-or some {censored}.

you don't pay attention, yet you know about her upbringing? We're all very sad our personal favorite artist that only we are smart and sensitive enough to understand hasn't topped the billboards. You like Nick cave, good on you...it makes you a better person than fans of vapid pop-culture trash. ..or maybe you're just stuck up.

• Members

you don't pay attention, yet you know about her upbringing? We're all very sad our personal favorite artist that only we are smart and sensitive enough to understand hasn't topped the billboards. You like Nick cave, good on you...it makes you a better person than fans of vapid pop-culture trash. ..or maybe you're just stuck up.

:lol:/:facepalm: I just listened to an interview on the radio a while ago where she talked about how she got into music. I found it quite interesting. As for "not paying her attention" I just mean her songs, TV appearances etc, I should have said I don't actively seek them out or get bothered about them in a postive or negative way. I don't turn the radio off if she comes on, I don't love her but I don't hate her. She is what she is.

:p

• Members

Disdain for pop a-la lady gaga doesn't make your taste better, or make people think you're smart. It just means your something of a pill with a superior attitude.

Ultimately, yes, it's just a matter of taste. It's subjective.

But my taste says that Lady Gaga is to songwriting what McDonald's is to food. What the masses consume isn't always good taste.

• Members

:lol:/:facepalm: I just listened to an interview on the radio a while ago where she talked about how she got into music. I found it quite interesting. As for "not paying her attention" I just mean her songs, TV appearances etc, I should have said I don't actively seek them out or get bothered about them in a postive or negative way. I don't turn the radio off if she comes on, I don't love her but I don't hate her. She is what she is.

:p

That's cool. But just between you and me, be honest -- after a long night listening to 'Murder ballads' and cutting yourself, you sometimes pull up lady gaga on iTunes (listed under This Heat or something equally serious) and you dance a little in front of the mirror don't you...c'mon, admit it. You like her at least a little.

• Members

But my taste says that Lady Gaga is to songwriting what McDonald's is to food. What the masses consume isn't always good taste.

I'd say she was closer to subway. Made with real ingredients, but not particularly exciting.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't consume when hungry.

• Members

I see your point. Mcdonalds is popular and causes obesity, hypertension, atherosclerosis and a host of health problems when consumed regularly. Lady gaga is also popular and causes dancing, smiling, sing-alongs and a slight mainstreaming of the gay club scene in NYC circa 15 years ago. They're exactly alike. Your analogy totally holds up.

Archived