Triton Extreme + MOSS + Nord Rack II + Pulse -> Prophet 08?

depulse

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
No problems, man.

I like a few softsynths but, yeah, I'm mostly a hardware nut. I don't need to worry about migrating across evolving operating systems or computer hardware...but that's another can o' worms entirely.
;)

BTW - welcome to this forum!
:wave:

Thanks! I've been lurking around for a year, just not posting much. >.>

• Members
The Motif is meant to cover a larger range of sounds. The Prophet is meant to cover a specialized range of sounds well. As you said in the other thread, those sounds didn't fit with your music. That doesn't mean that the Prophet is inferior to the Motif, just that it isn't the right synth for you. For someone who is looking for that particular type of sound, however, a Motif wouldn't come close to providing it.

What I'm saying is, it's like you're making a direct comparison between a similarly priced bass guitar and electric. Of course the bass guitar isn't going to appeal to you if you want to play the electric. At the same time, if you want to play bass, using an electric with an octave pedal just won't work. It's just an analogy, but it illustrates why I think it's a flawed comparison. The Nord Lead is a better comparison, for example, because it tries to do similar sort of things. (As a VA.)

-D

Hmmm. I strongly disagree -- I think the Motif can cop the vibe and a whole lot more -- and can sound simply better -- but, this being music, and with our all having different ears, that's probably as far as we can take the comparison. :)

• Members

Hmmm. I strongly disagree -- I think the Motif can cop the vibe and a whole lot more -- and can sound simply
better
-- but, this being music, and with our all having different ears, that's probably as far as we can take the comparison.
:)

Yeah, I guess we'll agree to disagree. Although I hope I won't end up agree'ing after the initial excitement and feel I am wasting money on the Prophet! >.

Edit: Btw, your avatar makes it really hard to read your posts. :-P

-D

• Members

Ha! Glad you like the avatar! :D

I really hope you continue to enjoy the Prophet - like any other instrument, in the right hands it'll shine. I'm sure it's not wasted money!

To be fair, I have weird hearing; lots of things sound harsh to me that others seem to be able to tolerate. I seem to be sensitive to stuff in the upper frequencies, and I can hear a tap dripping from three rooms away. It's not really a blessing.

• Members

In case anyone missed them, I've made a bunch of Prophet '08 demo videos, that (hopefully) give some indication of what this synthesizer sounds like.

[YOUTUBE]Yq3Nvq4xUU4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SSxFaYPh6DU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NGkmMqFLErM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]m0iUvKJScfo[/YOUTUBE]

The whole set is here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=80A3450BA764A750

• Members
A 60Hz hum can sound cool with a filter and good effects.

No, really. :poke:

:cop:

Just needs a highpass and a good chorus and reverb for House. I still only find those filter settings useful to me but now I'm having a lot more fun with it.

• Members

Speaking of which, how do you like that Allen & Heath VF-1?

Edit: Ooh, and that Euphonix? I've been thinking of that for a while.

Any one that uses Logic 7 or 8 needs to have an MC Mix. Period!

The VF-1 is great in my opinion for my music, but some may not find it to be aggressive enough. I have a friend that doesn't like it much for that very reason but he's more of a Progressive House -n- Hi NRG guy.

He just needs to calm the {censored} down IMO. :lol:

The VF-1 Valve overdrive is not as apparent as the Tube Gain and Drive on the EMX-1. It gives just enough to give any digital sound an analog flavor which is why I love it in use with my M3.

• Members
Well,
yeah
. I liked the P'08 through my Moogerfoogers, too!
2ufvorl.gif

Then you should have abused it that way. The P'08 by itself belongs in a cover, Rock, or Fusion band IMHO. It's going to take some extra for other styles.

• Members
An Alpha Juno, Sherman, and H3000 would be the same as a Prophet08.

Like I said, kill your wallet and with the dissatisfaction of an Alpha Juno. :facepalm:

The economy is ass right now. Only thing folks have extra loot for is gas. My budget cap went from $2000 to $400 as I believe the worst is yet to come. After Omnisphere, I'm pumping out tracks with what you see until we are no longer in a recession.

• Members
Any one that uses Logic 7 or 8 needs to have an MC Mix. Period!

The VF-1 is great in my opinion for my music, but some may not find it to be aggressive enough. I have a friend that doesn't like it much for that very reason but he's more of a Progressive House -n- Hi NRG guy.

He just needs to calm the {censored} down IMO.
:lol:

The VF-1 Valve overdrive is not as apparent as the Tube Gain and Drive on the EMX-1. It gives just enough to give any digital sound an analog flavor which is why I love it in use with my M3.

I use NI Guitar Rig & some PSP plugins for that right now. I was thinking about getting a VF-1 for a while, but I don't think it's worth it for me to use it as an outboard processor with my current AD/DA. Maybe someday when I upgrade to Lucid converters. However, it may be worth it to me as a dedicated filter for the Prophet.

-D

Archived