N(old)PD - Vintage content

jcoulter

• Members

I went with a friend to visit his brother in Nashville over the weekend. He's a sound engineer and has an assortment of random things lying around. I came across this:

IMAG0055.jpg

Old MIJ Boss CE-2. I plugged it up and tested it out, works just fine and has a nice mellow sound to it. I'm not sure when it was made exactly (how can I find out for sure?), but this gave me a hint:

IMAG0056.jpg

Apparently, he bought it off a guy at a gear sale several years ago, who got it from another guy, who got it from another guy... So who knows who the original owner was. But perhaps it may have done some touring with Julio Igelsias' band. Probably won't ever know for sure, but it's a fun addition to my pedal collection. :thu:

• Members

I looked inside the battery compartment but couldn't find a serial number. From what I've read, the CE-2 was manufactured from 1979 to 1982. That's good enough information for me.

According the serial # in my CE-2 it's an '87.

Roland says that they stopped marketing the CE-2 November 1982. The pedal was however still produced and sold at least out 1990. The label changed from black to green 1984. The CE-2 was produced in Japan up until 1988 when production moved to Taiwan.

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ce2.xml

Archived