Omnisphere: Who's getting it?

Palaver

• Members

Who else is interested in this thing? I can't wait to check it out. The demos of this instrument are fantastic.

Anyone else here interested? I'll definitely be grabbing a copy of this.

It seems like all the break-through products in recent years are coming from the software companies...

• Members

I thought I was a definite Omnisphere buyer...but then I got an Andromeda...now I'm not so sure.

I got some pretty powerful synths this year, and they all have high learning curves., not sure I'll be adding another soon.

• Members

My hard drive is getting rather full, so probably not. Seems like it will be quite fun though. Someone needs to make a module version of that :)

One issue I had with Stylus (and everything really) is that hardware makes me want to use it, and computers don't... as I see too many of them at work to play with mouses in my spare time.

• Members

My hard drive is getting rather full, so probably not. Seems like it will be quite fun though. Someone needs to make a module version of that
:)

Wouldn't be possible to make a module version of it (outside of a Receptor). Or rather, it is possible, but won't happen because the markups charged by music hardware companies means it'd have an Oasys-like price tag.

I'll probably go for it, as long as they offer some sort of demo with small-taster library, to check it out. My HD is getting quite full too, but 750GB drives are starting to drop down to $100 now, so it's getting hard to use that as an excuse ;)

• Members

Wouldn't be possible to make a module version of it (outside of a Receptor). Or rather, it is possible, but won't happen because the markups charged by music hardware companies means it'd have an Oasys-like price tag.

I'll probably go for it, as long as they offer some sort of demo with small-taster library, to check it out. My HD is getting quite full too, but 750GB drives are starting to drop down to $100 now, so it's getting hard to use that as an excuse
;)

I plan on grabbing a Receptor Pro Jr. with IK's Total Workstation bundle. Then, I was going to pick off Omnisphere (I pray to God Spectrasonics puts out a version for Receptor), Predator, etc., and a few others. It's too bad Arturia didn't put out Receptor versions. I'd rather keep everything off of my hard-drive... with the exception of the DAW software.

• Members

I thought I was a definite Omnisphere buyer...but then I got an Andromeda...now I'm not so sure.

I can't see how these two overlap. All the airy, typical sample-based bell-like stuff that's hard to do on analogs is available in droves in Omnisphere.

• Members

How is that Euphonix treatin' ya? I use the novation for all that stuff, but I love the build quality of the Euphonix. The verdict?

Unmatched by anything else on the market if your a Logic user. If your not a Logic user, then it's on par with Mackie Control.

• Members

Unmatched by anything else on the market if your a Logic user. If your not a Logic user, then it's on par with Mackie Control.

This is what I've been wanting to hear. I have gearlust for that box so bad, it hurts my nipples. :eek:

Oh, and yeah - I'll be getting Omnisphere.

• Members

I can't see how these two overlap. All the airy, typical sample-based bell-like stuff that's hard to do on analogs is available in droves in Omnisphere.

The issue wasn't overlap. It was learning curve times. I also got a Spectralis and Evolver this year...need time to learn them (and Andromeda) first. Omnisphere looks to be another deep synth engine.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The issue wasn't overlap. It was learning curve times. I also got a Spectralis and Evolver this year...need time to learn them (and Andromeda) first. Omnisphere looks to be
another
deep synth engine.

I wouldn't rush to say that, I mean I know Spectrasonics is promoting the "everything is different about Omnisphere!" angle. But Atmosphere wasn't *that* deep, and so far I haven't heard too much about their new synth engine yet.

It'll still be cool I'm sure. :)

Archived