Bassman owners, need your insight.

• Members

I have one, as well as a Bassman 50. The 100 has ridiculous headroom for sure, but I prefer the tone of the 50. Ultimately I bought an Orange Rockerverb 100 and use that instead.

All the SF Fenders take pedals like a champ if you're looking for a clean platform. I had the awkward matching 4x12, and if I were to start gigging it again I'd probably get an Avatar 4x12 instead.

• Members

I have one, as well as a Bassman 50. The 100 has ridiculous headroom for sure, but I prefer the tone of the 50. Ultimately I bought an Orange Rockerverb 100 and use that instead.

All the SF Fenders take pedals like a champ if you're looking for a clean platform. I had the awkward matching 4x12, and if I were to start gigging it again I'd probably get an

have one already haha. I'm not sure if it has the tail.

The main reason I asked about the tail and the master volume is in an effort to date your amp or the amp you're considering getting. I like the Bassman 100 and prefer the Bassman 50 (at least for guitar), but I'd personally rather avoid the later models with the Ultra Linear transformers. If the amp has a 'tail' on the Fender Logo, it's probably from '75 or earlier, which means it would NOT have the UL transformers in it.

• Members

The main reason I asked about the tail and the master volume is in an effort to date your amp or the amp you're considering getting. I like the Bassman 100 and prefer the Bassman 50 (at least for guitar), but I'd personally rather avoid the later models with the Ultra Linear transformers. If the amp has a 'tail' on the Fender Logo, it's probably from '75 or earlier, which means it would NOT have the UL transformers in it.

Alright I'll keep that in mind...I just want a clean platform to build on cause I'm one of those guys that wants my clean channel clean all the time....the have a Twin amp there too so I'll try both.

Archived