DOD Wah Problem

• Members

Basically, when i'm using the pedal, near the starting point of the sweep (both on volume and wah modes) it will cut straight to the top of the sweep and then back to the position it should be. It only does this briefly but when it does occur it's quite annoying.

I've no idea how to fix it, as my knowledge of electric is rubbish but i've no idea of whether it's a power supply issue either (only power supply I have is a 1spot)

Help? :confused:

• Members

dude, those sound really cool but are famous for dying and having problems, which is a shame, cause theyre a cool concept. i bought mine and it died the following week...100 bucks down the drain..

they may die but are very easy to fix from the sound of it you may need to replace the thin Mylar layer inside (if it has worn through)

Mylar drafting film may be a good source of a replacement according to a quick search on google

the only other problem I had with mine was a loose battery connector

• Members

Will have a look into the Mylar stuff, if it is the problem. Even if it was, I doubt I could change it, so i'll have a friend who knows electronics glance at it.

Any other potential causes?

why it would just require some replacement mylar stuff and a craft knife and a screw driver ?

also check the etched pcb under the mylar for brakes

just off the top of my head maybe the movement of the pedal is shorting something or the switch at the back is loose these wont be the source of the problem necessarily but good places to look

• Members
this the FX-17?

have you tried adjusting the trim pots? they're right behind the two holes on the front, just stick a small screwdriver through and have a fiddle
:thu:

I tried fiddling with the left one (as if you're playing with it), and all it did was move the spot where it maxed the volume/wah. I managed to get it on a sweep near the bottom and moved the left trimpot but it didn't change the sound at all, yet the rest of the sweep was affected.

Praying I haven't broken it.

Archived