Fuzz dilemma

• Members

Yeah, any kind of Big Muff will get you there then. The EQD Musket would be a great choice.

Would you rate the Musket over the Big Muff? There is quite a price difference, but I'm willing to pay more for a more tweakable pedal. The Big Muff is nearly 3 times the price of the Musket.

• Members

Yeah, any kind of Big Muff will get you there then. The EQD Musket would be a great choice.

+1

you need a muff Fuzz! the Musket is very flexible AND brutal. - check out the proguitarshop demos.

the EQDs Hoof is a real smooth Muff Fuzz - based on the russian green move.

• Members

Well a fuzz face and a muff are really two different types of fuzz altogether. Decide which you like best first. I like both, so I have both! One is the Musket, great muff version, thick, deep, brutal. DOes not clean up well. The other is a Keeler Designs fuzz face which isn't really for sale, but it sounds great too - doesn't have the deep lows of a muff, and it doesn't have the control of the mids. But it cleans up very easily, and can be more cutting when fully driven. But it doesn't do the weird stuff like a fuzz factory.

Another option for muffs are the Stomp Under Foot muffs, very well regarded, and good prices too. CHeck them out, lots of sound samples on his site.

• Members

i have a big muff tone wicker pedal and i think its great, its as good as a normal big muff, but its got the added opition to take the tone out of the pedal and then to add an extra treble option. i dont know what the american price for that is, but its reasonably priced in the UK

Archived