Canadians: Buy your pedals from Moog Audio

• Members

do explain please...
:idea:
which cheaper canadian sellers and pedal designers in particular?
:eek:

I know Empress, MJM, and Fairfield Circuitry are Canadian. I think Blackout Effectors used to be in Canada but moved to the States. Also, tape, a forumite and Canadian on this board makes some of the coolest pedals ever.

• Members

I am pretty sure they only charge brokerage when you use standard/ground shipping.

It's all in the UPS rates list.

True and not true.

I work for UPS, and usually... if you ship something and ship it as a "Gift", the recipient SHOULDN'T get charged. When shipping packages to Canada, I often do this for customers to 'cheat' the system. They still may charge you, but they shouldn't. :thu:

But yes, UPS Ground, if you don't select the gift option, will get you the brokerage/customs fees every time.

• Members

Honestly, it depends what brand you're looking at. Some stores just sell some brands cheaper.

I wouldn't go to L&M for boutique stuff though. I find that their prices are a bit to high given the current parity of the dollar. Although, If I really wanted to buy something I wouldn't be afraid to haggle them down to the US price. I'd buy at L&M over anywhere else just because of my customer record and the contacts I have. Plus, I hate going to other stores like Guitar Center where the employees are all metal-heads.

• Members

How do you ship? I know UPS always charges customs/duties.

As far as I know custom/duty fees depends on the SKU, or how an item is claimed. As a rule of thumb, if you're importing a product that is made in the US, from the US, you don't pay any duties. If you are importing a product from the US that is made in China (for example) they can charge you duties.

I've had good experiences with UPS and Canada Post; although Canada post almost lost one of my packages once (long story short, the lady at the post office neglected to properly check the computer). I've had the worst experience with FedEx... They once charged me $60 in "brokerage fees" a month after I received my shipment. Literally, a month after I got my package; which was hardware for an amp cabinet, I got a bill in the mail stating I owed them money. Sooo pissed....

• Members

I know Empress, MJM, and Fairfield Circuitry are Canadian. I think Blackout Effectors used to be in Canada but moved to the States. Also, tape, a forumite and Canadian on this board makes some of the coolest pedals ever.

thanks, and yea, i saw some of tape's pedals :love:

• Members

Retro Sonic, Dr. Scientist, OxFuzz to name a few more....

• Members

Always try to buy Canadian when you can. A lot of the pedal companies hcfx tend to like are all mostly distributed direct, so they don't really pay anything extra than US dealers other than exchange, so most of the time they can try and accommodate.

The biggest bull{censored} about buying in canada is bigger brands that are distributed. there are many situations were my COST is the same as paying full price in the states. Now THAT is bull{censored}. The Canadian market is absolutley killed by that {censored}.

• Members
They're the cheapest in Canada, and a lot of their prices are on par or slighty more than US prices.

Plus free shipping in Canada, and are currently offering a 10% discount! They have EVERY boutique brand, and a good selection of mass produced brands.

Worth a serious look!

Where are you seeing this %10? All I see is them beating it by 10% when you quote a lower price somewhere else.

• Members

Where are you seeing this %10? All I see is them beating it by 10% when you quote a lower price somewhere else.

Uhoh! Must have been a weekend thing. There was a banner for 10%.

Try promo code moog10 and see what happens.

• Members

Nice site, checked em out.

They have most of these in stock? Hrmm. That'd be great to know where to go to try out pedals in person. I'd hit em up for the price on that Aqua Puss alone.
:love:

The webstore is based in Montreal. That's where my PisdiYAUwot shipped from.

Give the TO store a call to ask if certain items are in stock!

• Members

the store in TO has a glass case with 5-6 shelves of pedals.

the one problem is that its pretty high so its hard to see what they have on the top shelf. but its still impressive to see that many boutique pedals in one place.

• Members

the store in TO has a glass case with 5-6 shelves of pedals.

the one problem is that its pretty high so its hard to see what they have on the top shelf. but its still impressive to see that many boutique pedals in one place.

Tell me about it.

It's a small case, but they've some how managed to cram ever boutique pedal ever made in there.

It's the single greatest thing in Toronto.

• Members

if they could just merge with Capsule's selection of guitars and amps

No kidding.

Nothing blows more than trying to DEMO at pedal at Moog. Once you carve out a seat amidst the turntables, there's like one guitar.

Capsule's guitar and amp selection makes my penis feel funny.

• Members

moog really is a good store, and I try to buy from them as often as I can

an extra 10% is always extra nice too.

but 13% tax isn't fun, and can sometimes be avoided getting something shipped from the US.

(i've never paid a penny for any tonefactor orders. :) )

Archived