Underated pedals you like

inu

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Apparently the SMMH now qualifies as underrated.

Others:

The Worm

The Wiggler

Hot Tubes

Germ O.D.

Can you give me your opinion on the SMMH? I used to regularly 'lurk' this place a year or so ago, and it was all the rage, but after a break and coming back the thing gets almost universal hatred. I want a looper which can act as a secondary delay on the end of my rig, the glitchiness makes me want the SMMH rather than a DL4.

But yeah, back to the thread.

DD-6, every time. No tap tempo output, warp mode is pointless and it can only sample 5.2 seconds, but its digital delays are perfect, crisp and clear - clearer than the DD-7/5/3.

• Members

Can you give me your opinion on the SMMH? I used to regularly 'lurk' this place a year or so ago, and it was all the rage, but after a break and coming back the thing gets almost universal hatred. I want a looper which can act as a secondary delay on the end of my rig, the glitchiness makes me want the SMMH rather than a DL4.

But yeah, back to the thread.

DD-6, every time. No tap tempo output, warp mode is pointless and it can only sample 5.2 seconds, but its digital delays are perfect, crisp and clear - clearer than the DD-7/5/3.

People aren't too happy with how you have to loop (you hold down the footswitch for your entire loop) and people had issues with volume drops (I never noticed a volume drop). I personally love the SMMH, BUT, I wish you could scroll through your presets with another footswitch instead of the Hazarai knob.

• Members

People aren't too happy with how you have to loop (you hold down the footswitch for your entire loop) and people had issues with volume drops (I never noticed a volume drop). I personally love the SMMH, BUT, I wish you could scroll through your presets with another footswitch instead of the Hazarai knob.

I don't really see the problem with holding a footswitch - where's the difficulty in that? Volume drop does concern me though, but it might just be more the whimpering of pedal nerds rather than something discernable I guess.

• Members

I don't really see the problem with holding a footswitch - where's the difficulty in that?
Volume drop does concern me though, but it might just be more the whimpering of pedal nerds rather than something discernable I guess.

There isn't really; it's easy to get used to.

The only problem would be if you wanted to use a wah/volume pedal/etc at the same time... that could get tricky.

I think it's a great pedal. Sure, it has flaws (such as the occasional volume issue in certain modes and with certain settings) - maybe 'quirks' would be a fairer description - but they're not that serious and can be worked around.

• Members

There isn't really; it's easy to get used to.

The only problem would be if you wanted to use a wah/volume pedal/etc at the same time... that could get tricky.

I think it's a great pedal. Sure, it has flaws (such as the occasional volume issue in certain modes and with certain settings) - maybe 'quirks' would be a fairer description - but they're not that serious and can be worked around.

You don't half tempt me. Thank the lord that I don't have the money on me now... so more pondering shall commence. Just don't need half the stuff on the DL-4, and the SMMH sure looks bloody fun.

• Members

Dano Cool Cat distortion...a/b'd it with my Rat and it made me seriously consider selling the Rat for the profit. I could not hardly tell any difference, except that the Rat was just the tiniest bit clearer. Nothing any live audience would ever be able to tell in a million years.

• Members

EXH Double Muff
EHX Worm XO
Boss BD-2 (stock, without any mods)

Dano Cool Cat distortion...a/b'd it with my Rat and it made me seriously consider selling the Rat for the profit. I could not hardly tell any difference, except that the Rat was just the tiniest bit clearer. Nothing any live audience would ever be able to tell in a million years.

I really love my Dano Cool Cat Distortion. Awesome pedal. :thu:

• Members

DOD Classic Fuzz (it is what it is)

Morley Classic wah (IC, no inductor so there's no added distortion)

Pignose Detonator (nasty sumbitch)

Snarling Dogs Whine o Wah (if you like em loud)

Dano fab echo (mod for adjustable delay time)

Dano Surf n' Turf compressor is really good too

Archived