New Access Virus model soon?

swandiver

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry if I contributed to that, ElectricGASPuppy. At least you should be the envy of the class having the JD with the vintage synths AND the memory expansion (very rare).

And if you don't have a place for it, obviously it's not as important as the stuff that DOES have a place :)

• Members
EXACTLY.

Viruses to me sound like a GAS, bells-and-whistles-I-just-wanna-say-I-have-it-to-keep-up-with-the-Joneses synth...
:bor:

Other than Adam (Khazul) who here is REALLY making music using it as the primary source of sounds?

Me, along with many, many others. Really this is a pretty ridiculous statement, and pretty insulting to people who bought and use the Virus because they like the sound it makes.

• Members

I do have a place for JD, it's installed in the rack right now. I WILL get to exploring that baby at some point!

Also, I need to get a new backlight for it.

I thought you were saying the Virus was disconnected, sorry! I should have made it more obvious I was talking about two different things here.

• Members

I thought you were saying the Virus was disconnected, sorry! I should have made it more obvious I was talking about two different things here.

You were right the first time, the Virus is disconnected. I'm loath to put the rack ears on it, and even then I would need another rack to put it in. I'm severely short in the horizontal surface department to use it as a desktop, too.

O WOE IS ME

• Members

IMHO, Access is WAAAAY overpriced. Now I know I might get bashed for this, but Blofeld seriously shames Virus TI in cost-value department. SERIOUSLY.

If I were to make a value judgement on the TI, I'd have to begin with the fact that it is 16 complete Virii. As someone who used a Virus B Rack for many years, I am very close to this idea.

The Blofeld loses me at "1 Effect slot per part".

Guest Anonymous
IMHO, Access is WAAAAY overpriced. Now I know I might get bashed for this, but Blofeld seriously shames Virus TI in cost-value department. SERIOUSLY.

The Blofled is a great sounding synth at a great price but, since you can not save multis via the hardware it is a FAIL.

:mad:

Guest Anonymous

Here's another Virus fanboy. Viruses are at there best when not trying to emulate analog sounds but, when releasing big bad evil sinister take over the world hypersaws.

:evil:

They also do a good job emitting out of this world sounds.

:love:

Pros.
Digital Arps
Digital Leads
Digital Pads
Digital Synth FX

Cons.
Analog emulation

I would take Nord or Creamware product over a Virus any day for analog emulation. Dad always told me to use the right tool for the job.

:facepalm:

• Members
Here's another Virus fanboy. Viruses are at there best when not trying to emulate analog sounds but, when releasing big bad evil sinister take over the world hypersaws.

:evil:

They also do a good job emitting out of this world sounds.

:love:

Pros.

Digital Arps

Digital Leads

Digital Pads

Digital Synth FX

Cons.

Analog emulation

I would take Nord or Creamware product over a Virus any day for analog emulation. Dad always told me to use the right tool for the job.

:facepalm:

That's interesting. Having said what you said, wouldn't you agree that it's overpriced, considering the VA isn't even that good? :)

Archived