HEALTH - anyoen knwo what gear they use to get their metallic abrasive guitar tone?

hangwire

• Members

i saw them a few months ago, board was full of moogerfoogers, each guitarist had about a board and a half each. Filled.

There is guitar there, but believe it or not a lot of the guitar rhythms were made by the bassist running through loads of pedals

• Members

done some research on guitargeek

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3

Pic 4 Pic 5 Pic 6

I'm not sure if there's much consistency or if these pictures were between tours.

John (Bass):

Rickenbacker Bass

Vocal mic

Mixer

What looks like an a/b box

Peterson tuner

BD-2?

DS-1

Zvex (I think a Rockbox)

DD-6/7

DD-20

Micro-POG

Fuzz Factory?

Moog Ring Mod

Slicer

Jake (Vocals/Guitar):

Tuner

I don't know what the white pedal is

RV-5

TR-2

EHX DMM

Eventide Timefactor

DOD-250

Micro POG

TC-Helicon Create XT (vocal effects)

Seek-Trem might still be there, outside the pic

Jupiter:

DL-4

Micro POG

some MoogerFooger (probably the Ring Mod)

A Zvex (pretty sure it was a Fuzz Factory)

Roland SP-404 sampler

Korg 707 synth

some sort of old either drum machine or sequencer that was triggered by the 707.

The drummer BJ also has one of those Roland drum pads for triggering samples.

• Members

also i love this {censored}in band so much. seriously tho, ALOT of those wierd noises they make r produced by an instrument called the Zoothorn. the most info ive been able to find on it is that its some kind of mod pedal crossed with a microphone. possibly telephone reciever/mic?

• Members

i'm 100% sure the Moog pedals they use is the Murf and not the Ring Mod.

he uses is throughout the song "triceratops"

the bass player has a wooly mammoth on there.

and i'm pretty sure most of the sounds are made with guitar/bass/voice because thats all they had the first time i saw them. the second time they had a roland 404 and a few synths and drummachines.

• Members

i guess they were just faking playing guitars the 4 times i saw them?

you dip{censored}. we're talking studio. live, they play guitars. they even have a track called "zoothorn" where they make all these abrasive sounds with them in the video. shut up.

• Members

you dip{censored}. we're talking studio. live, they play guitars. they even have a track called "zoothorn" where they make all these abrasive sounds with them in the video. shut up.

how does this make me a dip{censored}? {censored} you. and did anyone ever say studio sounds specifically? and why would they record everything with a zoothorn, whatever the {censored} that is, then play it live with guitars? and then make those exact sounds live.

Archived