Any of you folks use a Dyno-My-Piano Tri-Stereo Chorus? or Rhodes?

petejt

• Members

Has anyone tried to replicate a tri-stereo chorus by arranging chorus pedals together?

I guess you could do it by running one mono chorus pedal into a stereo chorus pedal that sends a chorused & dry signal to BOTH sides.

This is why I am getting into this craziness....

I remember reading some literature on the Dyno-My-Piano Tri-Stereo Chorus (can't find it, blast :( ) where it started from two Boss CE-2 units wired together, one for each channel (left, right).

The Dyno-My-Piano was made for keyboards (notably the Fender Rhodes), that has these metal string things called 'tines', that get hit by the keys to electrically produce the notes. I think there are three tines per key, Left for left channel, Right for right channel, and a "centre" channel. The Left tines are all routed to the left channel, Right tines for the right channel, and the Centre tines down the middle, I guess split half for each side.

There is one rate control, and each channel (left, centre, right) has its own intensity control, or the width I think.

I'm not sure if there's some weird phase things going on, such as flipping the phase 90 degrees on one side, and -90 degrees on the other side, or doing a 180 degree phase flip for one side, or different waveforms (e.g. logarithmic, triangle, sine, saw etc.).

I'll say more soon.

Anyway, has anyone done a pedal setup where they have a chorus on one side, a chorus on the other, as well as a chorus down the middle?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone tried to replicate a tri-stereo chorus by arranging chorus pedals together?...Anyway, has anyone done a pedal setup where they have a chorus on one side, a chorus on the other, as well as a chorus down the middle?

I didn't try and replicate the Dyno by any means, but I have done what you describe with an Analogman Bi-Chorus on the left, a Red Witch Medusa on the right, and a Diamond Halo in the middle, all fed from a Little Labs PCP 3.0.

Yes, it sounded lovely. :thu:

cheers,

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Anyway, has anyone done a pedal setup where they have a chorus on one side, a chorus on the other, as well as a chorus down the middle?

Chorus experiment

Effects are:

a) dry

b) boss ce-20 emulating the ce-1, using only one output (the mixer is stereoing out)

c) lexicon mx300 on the mixer send/return, wet/dry mix with a different chorus on l/r channels

d) b and c together

e) boss ce-20 emulating a dimension d

f) e and c together

i dare say better results could be achieved with fine tuning...

• Members

I have to say I'm not a fan of chorus on a Rhodes. Those Tri-Stereo samples made a rich, beautiful sounding instrument sound like a cheap DX-7 (ie: the worst sound in the world). I'll stick with Phase 90 & Stereo Pulsar for my Rhodes. Chorus? Yuck!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived