Anyone own a First Act?

• Members

Nice.

The GC near me had one of these used that sat around for a long time, but they never had the price anywhere near $300, though. (assuming that's what you paid for the guitar, and not the case....). I really wanted to like it, on looks alone, but the fret ends were so awful that they kept me from really giving it a chance. Moving up and down the neck was almost painful.

• Members

I have a Paul Westerberg signature First Act guitar. Not bad for a beater guitar under a hundred bucks, and looks cool as Paul!
Which reminds me of some of the stories I could tell about hanging backstage with the Mats back in the 80s :cool:

313NFCX0QWL._SS400_.jpg

• Members

I have one of the crappy Wal-Mart ones that I bought to refinish and mod. Turns out the stock pickup is pretty decent and the neck was a real surprise - feels good man.

It's still a beater, no doubt, but it's really not a bad axe for the price.

I kept meaning to buy one of the Sheenas when they were on sale but I never got around to it. I think I still might get one one of these days. . .

• Members

Nice.

The GC near me had one of these used that sat around for a long time, but they never had the price anywhere near $300, though. (assuming that's what you paid for the guitar, and not the case....). I really wanted to like it, on looks alone, but the fret ends were so awful that they kept me from really giving it a chance. Moving up and down the neck was almost painful.

I paid $300 for it with the case. Which was quite an amazing deal. I was looking go a les paul shape and this popped up.

I looked it up shortly after, this is one of their high end models that ranges around the $1000 area I believe, i would love an ebony lola though or a Delia Hollowbody. I saw Maylene and the Sons of Disaster use them back in 08.

• Members
I paid $300 for it with the case. Which was quite an amazing deal. I was looking go a les paul shape and this popped up.

I looked it up shortly after, this is one of their high end models that ranges around the $1000 area I believe, i would love an ebony lola though or a Delia Hollowbody. I saw Maylene and the Sons of Disaster use them back in 08.

If you ever feel the need to sell this one, please let me know. :thu:

• Members
If you ever feel the need to sell this one, please let me know.
:thu:

I might possibly sell it sometime! But its actually quite beat up, its definetly gots some mojo all over it. The camera kinda hid the scartches and bumps. All so the truss rod seems to be buzzing if i play really hard, anyone know how to fix it?

Archived