Has any good music come out this year yet?

Operator

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record: Not really a surprise that it so good. It's just fun to listen to and swim around in.

Teenage Fanclub - Shadows: A return to form from a band that never lost it. Understated but still upbeat.

The National - High Violet: Boxer stands as their career high point, but this record is totally listenable and I hope it breaks them. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" is a great song.

High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine: Mighty. Matt Pike really knows what he's doing. "Bastard Samurai" is gonna be a classic. Heavier than f*$%. A perfect metal record.

• Members

Pat Metheny's Orchestrion is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen any musician come up with, and the music's great.

But I haven't bought anything else. Waiting on new albums that are apparently impending, from Alter Bridge and Coldplay (if I remember correctly)...

• Members

I just couldn't jive with the new album at all. All the dancey beats and catchy hooks were gone. The melodies and riffs for the new album were thoroughly uninspiring.

This is how I'm expecting Foals to sound like.

[YOUTUBE]8DBYqzC8Qu8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZZuTIYEe_p8[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Brothers from the Black Keys and Diamond Eyes from the Deftones are my favorites this year. I don't get new music very often though.

+1

The new Stone Temple Pilots is... okay. New Band of Horses is pretty good.

Awaiting: Autolux and Alter Bridge

Archived