Boss LS-2 acting iffy

p00n

• Members

When I left my board over at the shop to install a power supply, the tech plugged in the 9V power into the DC out instead of the DC in.

I spotted it and switched it over to the DC in, but by then, it started acting odd. I own another Boss LS-2 so I'm A/Bing it.

Firstly, it started to leak a little signal even when bypassed. This is unacceptable for my purposes, and never happened before.

Secondly, and this is the strange part, when I was in the shop the last time, I could power up the unit without anything plugged in the input. Now, it initially powered up with a daisy chain, but not direct from the power supply, then stopped doing that completely. Then it only powered up with an input connected. The stranger bit was that the other LS-2 I have can only power up with an input too. Which confuses me as to why I could power it without an input connected before :confused:

I'll be bringing everything down to the shop to properly A/B it. I wonder how I should go about this if there really is damage. The tech admitted to it behaving differently when I brought it in.

• Members

Mine runs on batteries and it only powers up with a jack in the input, otherwise you'd have to take out the battery every time you finished with it and the 9v jack and battery are wired the same so work the same.

• Members

Mine runs on batteries and it only powers up with a jack in the input, otherwise you'd have to take out the battery every time you finished with it and the 9v jack and battery are wired the same so work the same.

HM that's odd since it initially worked without a jack in the input. Now I'll just need to see the signal bleed can be fixed. If not I'll have to ask for some form of reimbursement from the shop, which sucks cos they're great people.

• Members

get moneys back. but pretty much every guitar pedal i have or have every tried needs a input plugged in for it to turn on...

could it be that it was somehow malfunctioning before? :idk: and that became what you were used to and liked? :freak:

Archived