Boss RE20 users

JETKING

• Members

Lately I've been digging the rotary knob on the 2nd or 3rd setting in the Reverb section. Reverb level at about 9:00, Intensity at about noon, and Delay volume all the way up. Tone knobs at noonish

• Members

Mode 7. Not kidding! Well I've never had an RE20 but my RE201 pretty much lived on 7.

This. I use mode 7 quite a bit. The reverb is usually set at 10, bass and treble both at noon. Sometimes I'll boost the treble a little if I'm feeling kinda tin-eared.

There are a few times when I use the reverb alone, and I like mode 8 for triplets. If I'm using the reverb by itself, it's usually at around 11 oclock. I tend towards a brighter delay if I'm doing the triplet thing. Maybe 10 on bass, 2 on treble.

I use mode 11 for a murky wash of almost oscillating delay padded behind whatever I'm playing, typically if I'm doing a soft arpeggiated thing. I usually pull the highs and bump the lows up a bit if I'm on mode 11.

I use an expression pedal to control the repeats; I like being able to dip in and out of oscillation. I keep mine in long mode, and always set the delay time via the tap tempo. Never touch the delay time knob, unless I'm making ufo noise.

Archived