Seeing The Black Keys tonight in Philly!

jhamnett

• Members
oh white people w/ their white blues. what a bummer maybe you'll get struck by lightning on the way there... if only...

no, you're right. all white people are extremely happy all of the time so it's clearly not a valid or genuine musical genre for US to play.

:thu:

• Members

Need moar pics!

Make sure you get a pic of his pedalboard, I couldn't get one at all. Tried asking the roadie to hold it up, but no dice.

Got a pic of his JTM45, 8x10 cab and his Silverface Super Reverb 4x10.

These are from the Birmingham UK, 5th July show.

th_05072010018.jpg

th_05072010014.jpg

th_05072010011.jpg

• Members
no, you're right. all white people are extremely happy all of the time so it's clearly not a valid or genuine musical genre for US to play.

:thu:

this band blows holes.. sorry but the blues have been over for a long time now, just because some white kids decided they missed the train doesn't mean every {censored}ing person has to wait at the terminal white or black, this band still blows and the blues have been done I don't really think you need an indie version on top of it. But I'm clearly in the minority... when I think that art should at least attempt to be a pebble in your shoe(Lars Von Trier) as opposed to an amateur version of what your parents listened to.. or really your great grand parents listened to. Enjoy repetition much?

• Members
Need moar pics!

Make sure you get a pic of his pedalboard, I couldn't get one at all. Tried asking the roadie to hold it up, but no dice.

Got a pic of his JTM45, 8x10 cab and his Silverface Super Reverb 4x10.

These are from the Birmingham UK, 5th July show.

th_05072010018.jpg

th_05072010014.jpg

th_05072010011.jpg

Nice pics! I didn't get close enough to see the pedalboard, but the JTM45 and Super Reverb were pretty obvious. He was rocking mostly the Harmony H77 but also played some either Supro and Airline guitars or the Eastwood equivalent (had a black Airline Map).

Sound was ridiculously good and not that loud since it was outdoors. I took some vids with my phone, here's the best pic I got.

e63c2c60.jpg

More info to come once I get home...

• Members

OK, so now the bad... instead of "The Morning Benders" there was a last minute change for the opening band. I present to you Kurt Vile and the Violators.

mdIXrcH7QLU

Find this song repetitive? Yeah, me too. Now imagine the rhythm guitar having a huge throbbing vibe on it in addition to the delay playing the same part over and over and over and the drums on a drum machine playing the same thing over and over and over... basically, they were close to getting booed off the stage. Got the most applause when mentioning The Black Keys or that they were playing their last song. It was a weird lineup: two guitars, one singer, one harp, one drum machine. I'm all for "different" band configurations but it just didn't work. Rhythm guitarist had no idea what good tone was... and he was playing through what looked to be a Bassman Ten. That's a pretty good amp! But he threw on way too much reverb, delay, and vibe that you really couldn't make out what he was playing and the repetition to all their songs just ended up grating on you...

Worst live band I've ever seen.

Archived