Solo artists

BTBAM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, of no relation to the rime of the ancient mariner poem nor, iron maiden. I actually came up with the name about 2 years ago while driving through a park, tossed it in my head awhile, and eventually saw those ties when looking it up.

Hopefully won't cause much confusion :lol:

• Members

Just read it. Its a good idea. You could call the track "In The Wake Of Inception" :poke:

I was just going to call it 12 Minutes of Dreaming, but maybe adding (In The Wake of Inception) to the end of it will get all the fans of long titles, I Will Set Myself On Fire For You, and I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness?

• Members

I'll build some new social networking stuff tonight, then an inevitable hcfx download link for everyone to grab all my retagged tunes free, able to spam all their friends with and it'll look like I have a million people listening to me and I'll feel good for 10 minutes or so.

• Members

I played under the name Clouds Shaped Like Aeroplanes when I did the solo ambient thing like a year ago. My last name gets {censored}ed up by too many people to play as Colin Anderer.

I think Anderer is a pimp band name.

I also think the project SALAMANDER

Would be a good colab.

• Members

I've gone back and forth on this a lot, and ultimately decided that while I didn't really like my own given name it was best to play under a "fake" name like Bonnie Prince Billy.

{censored}, Will Oldham is a great example--he had music under 10 different names for years and it seemed to actually help him. One had to be a big fan to track everything down.

• Members

I think Anderer is a pimp band name.

I also think the project SALAMANDER

Would be a good colab.

I think I'm gonna keep SALAMANDER if me and SAL do something together worthy of release. The stuff we did in the studio together has some cool bits, but I don't think it's really good enough to put out. Me and SAL will do something cool eventually. I love the dude too much to not work with him more.

• Members

I think I'm gonna keep SALAMANDER if me and SAL do something together worthy of release. The stuff we did in the studio together has some cool bits, but I don't think it's really good enough to put out. Me and SAL will do something cool eventually. I love the dude too much to not work with him more.

I booked the recording time (three days) for the end of September at that studio I linked you to. I will be sending you the results so you can write your parts. I will be booking additional days later for overdubs.

• Members

I've gone back and forth on this a lot, and ultimately decided that while I didn't really like my own given name it was best to play under a "fake" name like Bonnie Prince Billy.

{censored}, Will Oldham is a great example--he had music under 10 different names for years and it seemed to actually help him. One had to be a big fan to track everything down.

I love Will Oldham and the above is a good example how if you have fans they will find your stuff no matter what, especially in today's day and age were links are super easy to add to all the bandcamp, myspace etc...

I am still considering the name Blood Hole or Architechtonic for this next release...

• Members

But for realz, I felt uncomfortable with the idea of using my name for the project. I guess mainly because if I used my name, the first thing people might think of is me as a person, whereas with a moniker, the first thought is likely going to be the music instead. I'd rather people think of the music.

• Members

One subtle change: SALABAMDERKE

SAL BTBAM ANDERER

Bingo! We have a winner. No long drawn out band discussion. Just came out of my mouth one night at the Locust Bar, our fav spot at the moment, and whammo, Six Acre Lake.

I booked the recording time (three days) for the end of September at that studio I linked you to. I will be sending you the results so you can write your parts. I will be booking additional days later for overdubs.

Bitchin as {censored}ness. This is gonna be AWESOME. I'm using my ampeg in stereo with the AC30 (if its cool with them) and using the r121s on the amps.

I can't wait to get back into writing mode. I work so much faster when I'm working with someone else's stuff.

I AM EXCITE.

• Members

I was too busy with recording to check out the studio before. God damn have they had some {censored}ty bands through there, but this place is god damn legit. Big beautiful live room, nice modern(not the 80s,90s, "pro") control room, its open and bright. Nice booths, and its gonna be hard to not go play in the arcade room.

• Members

I was too busy with recording to check out the studio before. God damn have they had some {censored}ty bands through there, but this place is god damn legit. Big beautiful live room, nice modern(not the 80s,90s, "pro") control room, its open and bright. Nice booths, and its gonna be hard to not go play in the arcade room.

What did you think of the stuff I linked you to. The Do You Need The Service? stuff.

Archived