Your opinion on the blackstar valve pedals

catscurlyear

• Members

I had the Dist X for a few months and loved it. It sounded like an overlysaturated high gain amp (what it's ment to sound like). I popped a JJ in there because the stock tube was terrible, only reason I got rid of it is because I got a high gain amp. Quality pedals though, try em out first.

• Members

I had the Dist X for a few months and loved it. It sounded like an overlysaturated high gain amp (what it's ment to sound like). I popped a JJ in there because the stock tube was terrible, only reason I got rid of it is because I got a high gain amp. Quality pedals though, try em out first.

thanks for your reply ,when you say you replaced the valve ,did you have to do anything else to make your replacement valve work to it`s full potential,in what way did it improve the sound.

• Members

thanks for your reply ,when you say you replaced the valve ,did you have to do anything else to make your replacement valve work to it`s full potential,in what way did it improve the sound.

Well you have to take the whole pedal apart to get at the tube, but it's pretty much the same as replacing a preamp tube in an amp, just pop it out and put in a new one. The stock tube sounded a little thin to my ears, with the JJ it sounded full and awesome, a slight downfall is you have to play with the EQ on your whole rig to get the "sound in your head."

Archived