NAD Peavey Duel

Danox3

• Members

I have a peavey ranger, which followed the duel.

Very similar, but cosmetically a bit different. It weighs a ton, and has seen a lot of gigs, beer spills, abuse.

I love that amp. I bought it new back in the 90's. I almost bought a TRRI instead, but got the peavey instead.

A few years ago i picked up a vintage ~69-70 Twin Reverb. I actually love both amps equally, but never ever use the overdrive channel on the peavey. I simply ignore that it is even there. :)

• Members

Late 90's, turned into the Ranger 212, which is the exact same amp, really ugly cosmetics.

It's supposed to be the Deluxe model of the Classic series, many say the amp to "Out Twin" the Fender Twin. I guess it sounds better than a lot of the reissues.

Great Clean channel, the lead channel might not be perfect for Grindcore, but is better than most pedals I have tried. On board Trem does reduce volume a bit, but sounds great.

Plan on swapping out the speakers for Redcoats, and running it with a separate Nau 2x12.

• Members

Very similar, but cosmetically a bit different. It weighs a ton, and has seen a lot of gigs, beer spills, abuse.

I love that amp. I bought it new back in the 90's. I almost bought a TRRI instead, but got the peavey instead.

A few years ago i picked up a vintage ~69-70 Twin Reverb. I actually love both amps equally, but never ever use the overdrive channel on the peavey. I simply ignore that it is even there.
:)

I apologize, I didnt' mean to slam the cosmetics, but I love the way this amp looks so much better.:thu:

• Members

Late 90's, turned into the Ranger 212, which is the exact same amp, really ugly cosmetics.

It's supposed to be the Deluxe model of the Classic series, many say the amp to "Out Twin" the Fender Twin. I guess it sounds better than a lot of the reissues.

Great Clean channel, the lead channel might not be perfect for Grindcore, but is better than most pedals I have tried. On board Trem does reduce volume a bit, but sounds great.

Plan on swapping out the speakers for Redcoats, and running it with a separate Nau 2x12.

FWIW, I have tried out a few other speakers in my ranger, and have always ended up putting the blue marvels back in.

• Members

FWIW, I have tried out a few other speakers in my ranger, and have always ended up putting the blue marvels back in.

Yeah, so far, not complaining . I put Redcoats in my Classic 50 (my main amp for a few years) and I am taking them out before I try to sell it.

• Members

I apologize, I didnt' mean to slam the cosmetics, but I love the way this amp looks so much better.
:thu:

I never liked the metal grill on the older ones, because it reminds me of older {censored}tier peavy solid state amps.

I've only seen a duel in person once and i found the knob labels hard to read because they were right under the knobs. They also looked a bit different than the one you have. I seem to remember they used their more ridiculous looking logo (which it looks like you have removed) some odd looking side strips that were on each side of the cab, and the front of the knobs were colored i think. The one you have certainly looks better than those ones did.

On the ranger they moved the knob labels down a bit lower, but put it on a reflective metal strip, which can be just as much of a problem if the lighting is wrong.

Either way i suppose it doesn't matter... if you use an amp for a while you know where all the controls are.

Anyway, it's a really good amp that can get loud for not a lot of money. I remember playing a gig once where some metal head came up to me and we started talking about guitars etc. After talking for a few minutes he said "you gotta get your self a real amp. I play a marshall stack"

He didn't believe me how loud that amp could get, and really this guy needed to save his amp money for dental work.

Later I asked him which marshall he had, JCM800, jtm45??? He couldn't answer so i think he was full of {censored}, but whatever.

• Members

I bought it used off Craig's List as you see it, but yeah, I would have taken the plate off. I want to make one at the shop at work.

80lbs! Glad I have a cart for it!

I have a sprained finger on my fretting hand, so I can't really put it through the paces right now too much, but love the fullness of the dirt channel. My Classic 50 is so hissy at loud volumes, this is barely audible.

• Members

I bought it used off Craig's List as you see it, but yeah, I would have taken the plate off. I want to make one at the shop at work.

80lbs! Glad I have a cart for it!

I have a sprained finger on my fretting hand, so I can't really put it through the paces right now too much, but love the fullness of the dirt channel. My Classic 50 is so hissy at loud volumes, this is barely audible.

I remember playing shows in downtown seattle and having to walk that amp 3 blocks to the club. It was always torture if we had to go on first, because my arms needed an hour or two to stop feeling like wet noodles.

I bought casters for that amp, but never put them on. :facepalm:

• Members

Never heard of it. When did they make those? What genres is it suited for?

It's more or less peavey's take on a modern twin reverb. I am not really sure who they were aiming these amps at. It's not really a country amp with since it has an overdrive channel. The overdrive definitely isn't metal. More or less just standard rock type overdrive.

• Members

A few years ago i picked up a vintage ~69-70 Twin Reverb. I actually love both amps equally, but never ever use the overdrive channel on the peavey. I simply ignore that it is even there.
:)

Whoa, someone else with a Ranger.

A good friend of mine has. I LOVE the cleans on it. Loud as {censored} too.

Cool amp.

Archived