Good Multi-Effects Pedal for recording guitar via USB into DAW?

• Members

Basically I wanted a very quick/easy(and reliable) way to record guitar ideas into a DAW. The whole idea of just using a Multi-Effects Pedal to do this made sense since I don't want to screw around with micing up an amp to record every-time. Just something low profile that gets the job done easy

I wanted to get some opinions on using Multi-Effects pedal into PC via USB options. Keeping it under $200 what do you think are the best bets. I constantly read different problems with different brands in regards to actually getting them to work(record into the PC).

Some that I have been looking at

DigiTech RP355

DigiTech RP255

Vox ToneLab ST

Boss ME-25

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/effects/multi-effects/floor

This would be into my Sony Vaio Laptop(Brand new, Windows 7 64 Bit, i7 intel)

• Members

I assume since you mentioned micing up an amp, you already have some sort of interface for recording. If it's something quasi-permanent that you just leave set up (like my Mackie mixer into my Presonus interface), then you'd be very happy picking up one of the Tech 21 Character series pedals. If you don't already have the interface set up, though, this route might be more of a pain. I only mentioned it because I GREATLY prefer the sound of this over the sound of any digital multi I've heard or played.

• Members

ME-25 get's my vote. I picked up a used one for $125 just because it had a freeze function. I use the 38 sec looper a lot too. It also has USB record. It's *way* better IMO than the Tonelab ST. I compared them both because my friend had both offered up each to me for $125.

BTW, I used to own a GT-8. The distortion tones ME-25 are much better than the GT-8.

• Members

I assume since you mentioned micing up an amp, you already have some sort of interface for recording. If it's something quasi-permanent that you just leave set up (like my Mackie mixer into my Presonus interface), then you'd be very happy picking up one of the Tech 21 Character series pedals. If you don't already have the interface set up, though, this route might be more of a pain. I only mentioned it because I GREATLY prefer the sound of this over the sound of any digital multi I've heard or played.

Nah I don't have an audio interface. Just was saying how much more of a pain it is to record when you have to mic it up and deal with the noise compared to doing everything DI

ME-25 get's my vote. I picked up a used one for $125 just because it had a freeze function. I use the 38 sec looper a lot too. It also has USB record. It's *way* better IMO than the Tonelab ST. I compared them both because my friend had both offered up each to me for $125.

ME-25 Looks pretty damn good and might be the best bet from what Im reading.

Archived