More pedals than a Pedal Power 2 Plus can handle

BigED

• Members

I have a Pedal Power 2 Plus, which powers 8 pedals, but I have 10.

I'm not going to buy a second PP for 2 pedals, so what is my best option as far as maximizing sound quality and minimizing hum?

Is it better to daisy chain a few pedals off of one of the PP outputs? Or is it better to just power the 2 extra pedals off of traditional wall warts? (I have a few.)

I'm trying to figure out if the PP is good simply because it is supplying isolated power, or is it supplying cleaner power than a traditional wall wart. If isolation is the main benefit, maybe I'm better off putting the extra pedals on wall warts to keep every single pedal isolated. If cleaner power is the benefit, maybe daisy chaining a few pedals (not the power hungry ones obviously) off of one of the 9V outputs of the PP would be better instead of introducing any wall warts back in.

If I go with the wall wart option, is it better to power them off of the 120V pass through on the PP? i.e. is the PP doing any kind of powering filtering on the passthrough, or is it equivalent to just plugging them directly into the wall?

Archived