OT: McCain picks Palin

angstwulf

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In all seriousness, most people will initially react negatively to this choice, but there will be a bounce when she starts speaking publicly and demonstrating that she is not a blithering idiot (and our current commander in chief has set the bar rather low on that count). But come election time, the misgivings will return. Given McCain's age and her lack of experience on either the national or international stage, undecided voters will turn to the Democratic ticket. In the end, she will be a liability.

i dunno. she is going to debate biden. and there is also that issue that she claimed she didnt know what the VP even does. I dont think this is gonna help mccain all that much really.

• Members

i dunno. she is going to debate biden. and there is also that issue that she claimed she didnt know what the VP even does. I dont think this is gonna help mccain all that much really.

Biden will have to be very careful in that debate. He runs the risk of coming across as condescending if he tries to be too much the gentleman, but if he goes for the jugular he'll be criticized for not showing proper deference to a woman. I would not want to be Biden in that debate.

• Members

Biden will have to be very careful in that debate. He runs the risk of coming across as condescending if he tries to be too much the gentleman, but if he goes for the jugular he'll be criticized for not showing proper deference to a woman. I would not want to be Biden in that debate.

All he has to say is, "Governor, you smoked weed when it was legal in AK. Was that before or after you had children?""

• Members

She quit just before The Messiah turned his Coke dealership over to Skippy Rezko.

Right, 'cause that's public knowledge plastered all over wikipedia and is accepted as fact everywhere.

Wait, except it isn't. It's just made up silliness.

And nothing scandalous is true about Bush, like him deserting is military duty, or his grandfather getting busted for trading with the enemy during WWII, or his family having business deals with the Bin Laudin family... but suddenly Obama is a coke dealer. Funny how it works when your guy isn't The Man anymore.

Like I said, cynicism.

• Members

Right, 'cause that's public knowledge plastered all over wikipedia and is accepted as fact everywhere.

Wait, except it isn't. It's just made up silliness.

I love it when toilet dwellers wrinkle their nose when someone farts. :lol:

*MSDNCsturbates*

• Members

Abortions is awful and yes there are those who use it as a get out of jail for free card. But what do you do about that as policy and law? Where do you draw the line of murder vs. medical necessity. When does a fertilized egg become human... conception, two weeks, four, eight? What do you do to those who break those laws... both father and mother?

Show me a politician that has ever proposed hard policy and laws that are anti-abortion. They never can.

All excellent questions... I am not sure what the answer would be... There are those who would simply dismiss any idea of a consequence for breaking a ban against abortions as ridiculous out of hand. All I am saying is that if abortion kills a human being, and I believe it does, then it behooves us to avoid it at all possible cost.

But, what do you do with those who break the law now? If I murder my one day old child what do you do with me? Put me in jail and prosecute me for murder. I recall a particular case in Minnesota, IIRC where somebody murdered a pregnant woman. Although abortion is legal in Minnesota (or wherever that was) the murderer was prosecuted and convicted for killing two people not just the mother.... Huh? Help me out here... Are we saying that a mother has the right to kill her child????

If we truly believed that abortion kills, then we would deal with those who break the law the way we deal with those who kill people... But, of course, in modern day America, that's basically viewed as a ridiculous position... But, if you take the position that a murderer should be prosecuted for killing an unborn child, it seems to me logically that a mother who kills her child is just as culpable... Maybe I am missing something!!

aL

• Members

Maybe I am missing something!!

your just ignoring the mother, is all. considering it is her right to choose, and she was planning on keeping it, then its murder. this is about womens rights, not the rights of organisms who aren't legally defined as individuals.

• Members
And the woman has a FIVE MONTH OLD BABY and decides "Sure I'll be vice president of America". WTF? kinda thinking is that?

dont tell that to the millions of working moms in this country :cop: they have things like day care nowadays and woman are actually allowed to vote now too:rolleyes:

Archived