I met Minus the Bear!!!

Carlos&Cambria

• Members

So, probably you don't mind this part but.......

Today Minus the Bear recorded a live session for a tv show here in Mexico, I didn't get tickets (I heard about it too late, MtB didn't tweet it :(...anyways), my girlfriend told me I should just go to the venue and try to get in, so after a few minutes I decided (ok, she made me...) to tell a friend a go, we got there, there were a handful of people waiting outside, we asked if they had tickets or something, they just said "naw, we are on the list"...damn...we though, but wait!

(paragraphs are your friend...)

A girl/gal/chick came out and told us they were running late because Regina Spektor was a bitch (she recorded before them) and that they would be ready an hour or so later, so I asked the gal "ummm..we are not on the list, can you do something about it?" and she said..

"what? if you are not on the list why are you here?" long story short...She let us in and even let us get seats 2m away from them so I'll be on TV soon! ha!

I got some (crappy, iPhone-bad lightning-kinda crappy) pics of Jake, Dave and Alex, the other guys were too busy, they were hella cool, I asked if they were playing "we are not a football team" or "thanks for the killer game of crisco" tomorrow (they'll be at a festival along with Foals! :thu:), they said "no, we haven't rehearsed those in a while, sorry" but that they had plans to come back again...

so...This was a pretty {censored}in' cool Friday! :D

Crappy pic incoming!

medave.jpg

To keep it on topic...they used dl-4's ;)

• Members
Nice man! Consider me envious. That would have been a killer sight to see Dave messing with his pedals that close up.
:love:

Oh it was, even though just before Pachuca Sunrise he said "ok...this was totally out of tune, we should start over" it was a joke because they were already running late but I found it funny...
First song: Knights
Last song: Absinthe Party

Middle songs: (I'm not sure about the order and I'm probably missing at least one), my time (Dave with the omnichord was really really cool to watch!), into the mirror, summer angel, hold me down, excuses...ummm I heard them play The Fix during the soundcheck..damn I can't remember...it was only about an hour though so I can't be missing a lot more...heh

I hope I can meet Foals tomorrow! :D

PS Another cool thing that happened, was when they were about to play the last song someone shouted "the fix" or "torrente" but Jake said "sorry, no requests tonight" but grabbed the setlist turned around and showed it to us so we knew Absinthe Party was last, it was cool :) I got to tell him I really liked Sharks Keep Moving he looked kinda surprised I knew about that and said "thanks! I appreciate it"

• Members
Cool man. I met Dave briefly when I saw them. Nice guy.

side note, their bus driver gave me a can of tecate for watching their trailer.
:lol:
he was a cool guy, chatted with him for a little bit.

I remember that thread (or at least you telling us hehe) and I hated you for a brief period..seems like the universe is balanced again :p

If someone uploads something to youtube once the tv show airs I'll let you guys know ;)

• Members
Nice man! Consider me envious. That would have been a killer sight to see Dave messing with his pedals that close up.
:love:

I don't know why I didn't take a (crappy) pic of their boards know that I think about it...damn, and I walked right by them ha! I was too excited, actually, after it finished my friend and I just walked to the car and didn's say anything for the next 5 minutes or so heh

• Members
Did you tell Dave that Botch was way better than Minus the Bear?

Naw, just told him I thought Botch kicked ass (and I actually enjoy MtB more than Foals anyway :p)

So yesterday I saw MtB live again, a very short set: my time, into the mirror, pachuca sunrise, hold me down, absinthe party....good thing I saw them friday!

It was a festival so I also saw The Temper Trap, Two Door Cinema Club (I enjoyed that one a lot, haven't heard them before), Interpol, and Foals.

Foals was the best band at the show, they were great, awesome interaction with the crowd and great playing, they opened with Blue Blood and their last song was Two Steps Twice, sadly they didn't play Astronauts N All, they also played The French Open, Spanish Sahara (WOW!), Electric Bloom, Cassius and Total Life Forever (I'm probably forgetting a song or 2 though...)

All in all, a good weekend :thu:

Archived