OT: The OFFICIAL NBA 2010-2011 Thread

jhamnett

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve Blake is going to make a FINE addition.

Excellent.

the dude was way under appreciated here in portland. It was sad to see him traded last year. He's a great shooter, but had a shoulder injury a couple years ago, and i think the point guard drama last year took it's toll as well. I'm glad he's returning to form. He's not a flashy player. He doesn't take huge risks, and usually doesn't turn the ball over much.

As much as some people around here wanted to see him go, he really is the kind of point guard you want playing on a team where the ball is dominated by the shooting guard. In that respect the portland and laker half court are similar, so I think he'll fit in down there really well.

• Members

I'm fully aware of that. I'm not some neophyte to basketball. However, given the situation, it's a feel-good win. Let me have that.

Where in that did I call you a neophyte? I was stating a fact, didn't call you out. Don't accuse me of insulting you.

Don't be the guy who reads too much into {censored} and gets offended on stuff that isn't there.

• Members

Sorry, man. I overreacted. I thought you were downplaying the win.

I understand -- to hold down the Heat like that the night before must have been a lot on them, and of course being on the road in a back-to-back is never easy. I'm just very excited by that win.

Also, I love the Jack Donaghy avatar. And I rooted for the C's last night. However, we're back to bitter enemies.

• Members

I'm sorry to all OKC fans, and this is no disrespect to you... but you should not have a team (or at least your current one). Clay Bennett is a liar and a thief. The good people of Seattle did not deserve their team being stolen from them.

• Members

its gonna be just a repeat of the last two seasons. its the Lakers championship to lose. Miami Heat won't make into the finals. Orlando Magic will probably make it deep into the playoffs. et cetera. maybe a few surprises. a major STAR might get hurt for the season. Arenas may be end up doing some Dennis Rodman type zaniness. et cetera. same ole same. nothing neu under the sun...

• Members
its gonna be just a repeat of the last two seasons. its the Lakers championship to lose. Miami Heat won't make into the finals. Orlando Magic will probably make it deep into the playoffs. et cetera. maybe a few surprises. a major STAR might get hurt for the season. Arenas may be end up doing some Dennis Rodman type zaniness. et cetera. same ole same. nothing neu under the sun...

Well you're no fun... :p

I somewhat agree though, we could be looking at a very similar season to last. In the East, Boston, Orlando, and "LeBron's Team" will be head and shoulders above the rest. In the West, it's the Lakers and... well, I think the Thunder make the leap and challenge them (even beating them), but it is LA's conference to lose.

• Members
Well you're no fun...
:p

I somewhat agree though, we could be looking at a very similar season to last. In the East, Boston, Orlando, and "LeBron's Team" will be head and shoulders above the rest. In the West, it's the Lakers and... well, I think the Thunder make the leap and challenge them (even beating them), but it is LA's conference to lose.

sorry but that's just they way i see it. one the one hand i think its a good thing becuz i kind of miss the sort of oligarchic, less schizophrenic way the NBA used to function pretty much during the 80's & the 90's. static teams. the NBA has a lot of problems & but it has a lot of great advantages as well.

it should be a great season.

• Members

I'm sorry to all OKC fans, and this is no disrespect to you... but you should not have a team (or at least your current one). Clay Bennett is a liar and a thief. The good people of Seattle did not deserve their team being stolen from them.

As a former resident of the Seattle area, I fully agree. I loved the mid 90's seattle teams. Gary Payton was one bad ass point guard.

• Members

IDK. do you think a much smaller city/economy like PDX would allow something like that to happen to their team. nope. i don't think the SW needed another team. especially in Oklahoma City. but it is what it is. Stern has also said that some underperforming teams may be dropped in the future. He hasn't been shy about that. so. IDK. its a business.

• Members

IDK. do you think a much smaller city/economy like PDX would allow something like that to happen to their team. nope. i don't think the SW needed another team. especially in Oklahoma City. but it is what it is. Stern has also said that some underperforming teams may be dropped in the future. He hasn't been shy about that. so. IDK. its a business.

The thing is the sale to Bennett was predicated on him NOT trying to move the team. Not to mention that he promised the public he wouldn't.

Then as soon as he owned the team he started complaining that he didn't have a new arena. It's not as if he didn't know this when he bought the team. It was pretty obvious what he was doing. Playing the victim card and whining like a baby to get what he wanted.

The reason it wouldnt happen in PDX is because it's a one team town. Seattle had just built new stadiums for the seahawks and the mariners. There was certainly some "new stadium fatigue" going on. That wouldn't have happened if they didn't have other sports in town. Either way I'd bet you if they asked for a new stadium now they'd find the money, since the team isn't in such decline anymore.

Anyway, there are teams that has historically had way worse support, even when they were winning than seattle. Atlanta has had a good team for a while, but they can't sell tickets unless Lebron or Kobe are in town.

Archived