New Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard

raffor

• Members

I sold mine 5 months ago. I posted mine on local classified at $1800 for like 2 months and hardly got any bite so lowered to to 1600 and it moves pretty quick. I like it but I like the Nord Lead more:)

I hear you, after a couple of weeks with the Mopho I decided I didn't dig the sound or interface all that much. traded it for a nord rack.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the Prophet (and a lot of other synths) it's a buyer's market right now, at least here on KSS. I wonder though, why you don't see it hardly ever on Ebay. I bet most people buying it are into classic rock and for that, it's a keeper. A quick look at Craigsbuddy shows that there are some for sale in the 1400+ range (for the normal edition keyboard version). Some guy tried 1750 for it and had to re-list for 1650 now.

There's a guy selling trance/house patches on Ebay for it. I'd say they sound pretty good for trance, but might be actually a bit too overbearing for house. This is the demo he posts in his auctions:

For your "heaviness" problems, doesn't that seem like something an external EQ might solve nicely?

Thanks for the link.

HMMmmmmmm. Perhaps I should lower the P'08 SE package price to $1850?

Your right. The demo sounds are a bit overwhelming for House, or at least, my House Music. The M3 is where it's at here for me.

• Members

Improvements:

S&H and Random LFO shapes decorrelated.

Sustain works as Modulation Source.

Tempo always edited from Part 1.

Multi Sound buffers accessible by SysEx request.

Effects shown properly after Init and SysEx reception.

Occasionally silent Delay and Reverb fixed.

Snow problem eliminated.

You think that double entendre was intended? Heh heh heh.

• Members

I sold mine 5 months ago. I posted mine on local classified at $1800 for like 2 months and hardly got any bite so lowered to to 1600 and it moves pretty quick. I like it but I like the Nord Lead more:)

Yes, I'd rather have had a multimode filter than the sequencer so I can understand this.

• Members
In the garage it's going then to mature.
:idea:

$2500. P'08 SE + Brand NEW ATA case.

The Swedish shop JAM (www.jamshop.se) has one P08 SE in stock for 17 995 Swedish Crowns (today about 2300 dollars). OK, it's over in Europe, but just give you an idea of the price over here for a new SE.

People are not exactly standing in line to get a P08. ;)

• Members
This is the {censored}.

:thu::love:
:love:
:thu:

:love::thu:
:thu:
:love:

So you liked my pictures ? :cool:
Notice: these pictures are not showing a desktop Blofeld.
But the LCD content would be the very same of cause.

Another sample teaser by SCD here:

Two more sounds using no wavetables at all.

The second one has a nice phaser. Without using the phaser ;-)

http://www.synthmusic.info/mpdries/samples-teaser2.mp3

Again, no external FX or processing. Bare Blofeld.

• Members
So, will the desktop Blofeld be able to load user samples, or not?

Did a little browsing at the linked site and can't find the answer.
:confused:

I think the answer will be: Not yet! Wait until NAMM, then you get the official answer.

• Members

IMHO, the idea of the desktop not offering sample playback is just silly.

the question was about loading user samples into the Blofeld. Both, the keyboard and the desktop won't do that initially. That doesn't mean that the 60 mb sample ram will be empty though!

• Members

the question was about loading user samples into the Blofeld. Both, the keyboard and the desktop won't do that initially. That doesn't mean that the 60 mb sample ram will be empty though!

Perhaps you are right. I thought he was wondering, as I do, whether the desktop will offer sample playback at all.

Guest Anonymous

Perhaps you are right. I thought he was wondering, as I do, whether the desktop will offer sample playback
at all

The million $ question

Guest Anonymous

So you liked my pictures ?

Yes.

I like where the Blofeld is heading and glad I bought one now. Well not until the new os is loaded into it.

• Members

Perhaps you are right. I thought he was wondering, as I do, whether the desktop will offer sample playback
at all

I think it is obvious that the desktop too will have the same sample capabilities as the keyboard version, from what I read on the waldorf list.

• Members
So, will the desktop Blofeld be able to load user samples, or not?

Did a little browsing at the linked site and can't find the answer.
:confused:

I don't think it will based on the cost difference with the keyboard version. No keybed costs an extra $550. :idea:

Except for Clavia of course. :confused:

Archived