New Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard

raffor

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hah, hell no. Waldorf always does things their own way. Why should they implement supersaw? Just because other VAs have it? That's ruining the uniqueness of their products.

Plus, I find supersaw all-too-overused and boring to my ears.

Why should they implement sample RAM, because Clavia did it?? :poke:

• Members

Well the upgrade price isn't going to scare away my GAS for a Blofeld. Honestly I forgot that Waldorf dropped the price once. Silly me.

Some piece of gear will have to go before I ever get one though - too much stuff now.

• Members

Please remind, that Waldorf is a european company. So they calculate on Euro. And 99 Euro is about 150$US right now.

That is so not true, 99 Euro correlate to $127 these days. Let's face it, the new distributor for Waldorf in the US is a little greedy. Same happened to the Blofeld for $899. They adjusted that after a couple of weeks, probably with the look forward to cash in on updates.

• Members

Instead of the sample ram Waldorf should have implemented the SuperSaw!

Having the capability to load user definable samples offers almost unlimited possibilities for sound creation and prevents non-obsolesce. With a closed rom system you stuck with what is provided-which is still great mind you. Adding samples for your own osc is far more flexible and offer much more variety and personal customization though.

It

• Members

Having the capability to load user definable samples offers almost unlimited possibilities for sound creation and prevents non-obsolesce. With a closed rom system you stuck with what is provided-which is still great mind you. Adding samples for your own osc is far more flexible and offer much more variety and personal customization though.

It

• Members

It

• Members

A single cycle wave by itself usually isn't very interesting. Just kind of a steady-state buzzing. :lol:

When you put a bunch of them together joined at the 0 point amplitude crossings, you can sweep through them using some type of control, like a modwheel, envelope or whatever.

Then with some filtering and the usual, they can start to get sonically interesting.

• Members

A single cycle wave by itself usually isn't very interesting. Just kind of a steady-state buzzing.
:lol:
When you put a bunch of them together joined at the 0 point amplitude crossings, you can sweep through them using some type of control, like a modwheel, envelope or whatever.

Then with some filtering and the usual, they can start to get sonically interesting.

Yah, I have played with Kubik quite a bit and I get the idea. Some other soft synths like Gladiator and Alchemy let you sequence through time points on the sonogram which I guess you could call something like a table of wave spectra (though Gladiator also lets you do various linear and nonlinear transformations on the sonogram, too). Different companies use the word "wave table" to mean different things, though. To some it means a table of numbers representing just one wave and to others like Waldorf it means a table of waves. The Blofeld manual very nicely and explicitly states the difference between the two.

• Members

Someone over at the Elektron user group posted a wavetable derived from a Virus, for uploading into the Monomachine. I imagine this could work for the Blofeld too.

I'm looking forward to hearing how other users like the sample capabilities. I'm not convinced that it's an essential feature for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

this has been bothering me- samples loaded HOW???

something very fishy about the sample RAM- since the announcement I just assumed that sample files would be loaded via the USB- but it appears that the Blofeld USB is not a true USB audio/midi/file interface- it's only for MIDI- [which is why I didn't buy the tabletop after I was ready to do so]

so Blofeld has no audio inputs to record samples- and no media drive or USB interface to import samples-

how do you get samples in the machine then? telekinesis?

my only guess is that the USB spec has been beefed up to at least allow file transfers like say the kaoss pad 3?

Archived