I just traded for an FM4 without thinking about it.

Yossarian08

• Members

I just happened to see that he was looking for a pedal that I have and haven't used much in a while and went with it.

I play in somewhat of a jam band... there's the Dead/Floyd influence in there, but I guess we've got more of a focus on legitimate songwriting than a lot bands in the genre. Anyway, I've been looking for some out-there sounds to try out, so I thought I'd give this a shot.

Anybody have any experience with one of these ugly purple monsters? Any favorite sounds? There aren't many demos on Youtube, and I haven't seen any in-depth reviews at all. Obviously there's a lot of "I didn't like it", but I guess that's to be expected with such a weird pedal.

• Members

I got one in a trade too, and I've been surprised at the usefulness and quality of the sounds. The vocal formants are really nice to have in a pedal; I kind of got hooked on the sound via Alesis AirFx and Ineko. The synths take a bit of dialing in, but are really cool once you get them just right.

• Members

I got one in a trade too, and I've been surprised at the usefulness and quality of the sounds. The vocal formants are really nice to have in a pedal; I kind of got hooked on the sound via Alesis AirFx and Ineko. The synths take a bit of dialing in, but are really cool once you get them just right.

That's really good to hear.

I do know that Teppei from Thrice used an FM4 for their Alchemy Index touring in 07 up through 09. I'm not sure what it was for, but it stayed on his board and was probably on the Water disc of the album too.

Archived