Frazz Dazzler: Is it for me?

ben_allison

• Members

The clips on the Dr Scientist site sound good.

I'm realizing that I dig gated fuzz, at least for the rhythm sound I have in mind.

I've tried Muffs, but am very reluctant to consider any Muff clones as no Muff has ever done it for me; too much fizz, not enough presence. People say "try a Musket" but no clips I've heard convince me it does what I want: thick, slightly synthy, wall of mechanized distortion that doesn't just sound like a broken speaker. So far, it seems like a Fuzz Factory and (surprisingly) and FZ-2 are really in the ballpark, but not quite right.

So Frazz Dazzler?

• Members

I think alot of Fix'd clips are ragged like that because people want to contrast with the Musket (assuming that most fix'd clips are coming from Twosome owners). With the tone knob turned clockwise, the fix'd on fuzz 1 with boost can definitley be thick and gnarly.

• Members

i didnt like my frazz dazzler. had too much of a scooped mids sound....got lost in pretty much any mix.

also, the gate is a fixed setting so you wont be able to tweak it. and its a fairly subtle gating just to reduce noise. you wont get much glitchy sounds unless ou pick really soft.

the mix control is the only thing that i really like about the pedal. i think all fuzz boxes should have this function. it really opens up a lot of different sounds.

• Members

i didnt like my frazz dazzler. had too much of a scooped mids sound....got lost in pretty much any mix.

also, the gate is a fixed setting so you wont be able to tweak it. and its a fairly subtle gating just to reduce noise. you wont get much glitchy sounds unless ou pick really soft.

the mix control is the only thing that i really like about the pedal. i think all fuzz boxes should have this function. it really opens up a lot of different sounds.

There was definitely a mid-scoop. I remember that bothered me quite a bit. The mix is great for keeping you from getting too lost though, and I agree that I too wish more fuzz pedals had mix controls.

Archived