Not CSB

warioblast

• Members

One of my hard drives died on me this morning. I lost something like 70 Go of mp3 (including rare stuffs I D/L'd with audiogalaxy & napster), 5 Go of scanned tabs, my bookmarks, my guitar pics collection, my DIY folder, my photographs...

:arg:

This morning I switched off my pc before going to work. And when I came back for lunch, he never started. Go figure. :cry:

• Members

all hope is not lost!! get an external hard drive enclosure, open your dead PC, take the hard drive out, slip it in the enclosure, plug it into a working computer and voila!! all of your stuff should still show up! unless you already reformatted...in that case, sorry to hear :cry:

• Members

You don't have any backups?

No I didn't feel the need to. I've been toying with computers for more than 15 years and I was pretty confident in myself & in my hardware.

It'd be hell If I had to backup every files on my drives. But yes, I should have burned the more precious files files onto dvds a long time ago. My laziness killed me. :cry:

• Members

all hope is not lost!! get an external hard drive enclosure, open your dead PC, take the hard drive out, slip it in the enclosure, plug it into a working computer and voila!! all of your stuff should still show up! unless you already reformatted...in that case, sorry to hear
:cry:

I'm afraid all hope is gone. The motherboard doesn't recognize it anymore. I tried several sata ports with several cables.

• Members

all hope is not lost!! get an external hard drive enclosure, open your dead PC, take the hard drive out, slip it in the enclosure, plug it into a working computer and voila!! all of your stuff should still show up! unless you already reformatted...in that case, sorry to hear

edit: nvm just saw the above post...but i think putting it in an enclosure and plugging it into a different pc would still be different than trying to just boot the computer up with different sata cables/ports.

• Members

I've done this when I couldn't even boot into the OS and it worked fine but the HDD wasn't the problem. I don't think this will work if the HDD is shot.

Archived