New Ring Thing Day! (Post your settings)

Rizza

• Members

Thanks to Tone Factor and their Black Friday sale. The pedal shipped wednesday last week and arrived today. I've had it for about an hour, so i'm pretty early in the honey moon phase. :)

Sorry, no pics, I've lent my camera away.

The Ring Thing isn't as difficult to understand as I had first imagined - it's works kind of like my Modfactor (which I've sold just recently).

I got this because it could replace my pitch shifting and modulation pedals, (I realized I don't actually use modulation that much) I haven't had pedal gas in a long while, ;) and unlike the Whammy, it runs on standard power. I'll probably get an expression pedal at some point. (Any recommendations?)

I've made 6 "regular" presets already: sine wave tremolo, chorus, phaser, octave down, octave up harmony, ring mod tuned to A.

If you own a Ring Thing and want to share some cool settings, please do so! :wave:

• Members

Having not spent much time with it, I'd say the trem seems fine; I can select wave shape, speed, so on but the phase part seems to be a bit trickier. It adds a nice color but it doesn't do a thick and chewy WHHOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHH. It can sound like a mix between a phaser and rotary speaker on fast settings. I haven't explored the phaser part that much yet, I'm not that big on phasers.

• Members

I made a clip of the pitch vibrato based on Chaos Realms setting, and then tweaking the knobs. Blend on full.

It's just a quick recording with my laptop mic so pardon the clipping.

Great demo, nice showcase of the capabilities!

Here's a couple more quickie clips; please excuse the sloppy playing, I know it's hard to ignore, but it's kind of my thing...

Tele > Ab Synth fuzz > Ring Thing blend just over 50% > Hardwire RV-7 spring reverb > direct to interface

http://www.warpsmasher.com/files/absynth-ringthing-rv7.mp3

Jackson RR3 > Ring Thing 100% blend > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive > Hardwire RV-7 spring reverb > direct to interface

http://www.warpsmasher.com/files/ringthing-cm2-rv7.mp3

Archived