anyone here did a side by side with the boss ds-2 and the behringer clone?

hangwire

• Members

See I have heard the opposite, that the ds2 has a more chaotic nature to the circuit :idk:

I really just want to make a early 90s/nirvana scheme on my m9, and wanted to side by side to get it as close as possible... So far the eat clone mode seems close, but there is barely any difference between 90% of the models of dirt on those...

• Members

I prefer the DS-2 over the DS-1... the first mode is pretty much the same as the DS-1, but second mode is were the fun starts...mid boosted singin fuzzy leads(not far away from a big muff with tone wicker if dial it in right).. take a listen to early Suede records.

oh and get the real thing... you can get a cheap one used.. I got a few decent Behringer pedal, but I just don't want them on my pedalboard.

• Members

I prefer the DS-2 over the DS-1... the first mode is pretty much the same as the DS-1, but second mode is were the fun starts...mid boosted singin fuzzy leads(not far away from a big muff with tone wicker if dial it in right).. take a listen to early Suede records.

what do you play it through?

sounds nothing like that to me.

• Members

335 clone - ds-2 - vox night train

well that's just my opinion.. and as I said.. if you dial it in right on mode 2

i ran mine with the tone on minimum and maxed out distortion, more or less the same way i ran my DS-1, and the DS-1 definitely had a more open, nastier sound while the DS-2 sound tamer, more compressed probably.

• Members

i ran mine with the tone on minimum and maxed out distortion, more or less the same way i ran my DS-1, and the DS-1 definitely had a more open, nastier sound while the DS-2 sound tamer, more compressed probably.

it's been quite a while since I played the DS-1, and I might missed a few details, but it seemed smiliar enough to me.

I'll need to check it out again the next time I'm at a music store.

Archived