Pixies tix

hangwire

• Members

Hells YEA!

I Saw Them in Denver a while back, & it was a True Dream Come True!

[video=youtube;TX2_wZc-MU4]

I Actually Have a Fantastic Story Of How They Literally Saved ME, and

We're a True Breath Of Fresh Air.

I am Never gonna forget this because I remember it so vividly as if it were Yesterday.

When I Lived in Mexico back in 1998 (I wanna say- give or Take)

I was walking in a Flea Market with my cousin.

I remembered being so Jaded with my current music because Growing up In Africa; sadly there was no rock'n'roll.

I Thought Michael Jackson was RocknRoll because that was as "heavy" as it got.

hehe ohhh boy

Anyways back to the story

I remember telling my cousin

(sorta went like this, & I spoke it in spanish, so I cant remember what the exact words were-->)

"{censored}! I am looking for a new band, something new, and exciting" (really had no idea what I wanted)

"I need something that speaks me because my music as of late has ehhhh"

BOOOOOOOOM

before you know it

as soon as I said that

This song played in the background

(I am 100&aMILLON% sure it was this song)

[video=youtube;Nubi26_qxYw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nubi26_qxYw

My Mind was Melted

I Felt like I could DIE That day, and be happy because I Finally Listened to REAL GOOD MUSIC.

The Best.

They're to This Day My Favorite Band in The World Along with RadioHead!(inspiration & the much Needed fuel to the fire), Arcade FIRE (In Every aspect-from music, to business, to the power couple, to the ethics), DAVID BOWIE (If I could I would....keep dreaming.... I love David Bowie), Joy Division+NewOrder (Ian Curtis- I Personally know what you went through- I wish I was there), The Kinks+RayDavies, INTERpol (sad carlos left- I really look up these guys), Slayer, Sonic Youth, Judas Priest+Rob Halford, Mercyful Fate+KingDiamond, ACDC, Depeche Mode, Black Lips, Beach House, Dinoaur Jr, Grizzly Bear, GNR, Metallica!, Nirvana, Queen, T-Rex, Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, The Smiths+MoreIsee+JohnnyMarr(awesome teacher) ;), Beatles, Black Sabbath, Bob Dylan, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Broken Social Scene, The Shins, Built To Spill, Cass Mccombs, Modest Mouse!, Animal Collective, BlondeRedHead, TheChocolateWatchband, Franz Ferdinand, JC---Johny Cash ;), MUSE, TWINShadow, Queens Of The Stone Age ;) (wuhh wuhh in the butt cracked me up), AUTOLUX!(heavy rotation of late), The Strokes!, U2, Van Morrison, Woods!, Godspeed you Black Emperor, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, did I mention Arcade Fire & Interpol & Radiohead?

(only to name a few, but truly bands that I Personally love & are all my favorites)

ok (sorry for the hijack of your thread) (ok {censored} I better stop typing because I Know cant- just too much data- so little time- have to go)

Back to The Pixies.

If I can find the CD Case that I Got That Day; ]

I will upload the picture

That's If I Still have it =)........hopefully.

Surfer Rosa & Come On Pilgrim

Changed My Life.

[video=youtube;wNBxYVLHKLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNBxYVLHKLs

Pure RockNRoll

• Members

$45!

And that's before ticketbastards gets their turn to bend you over further.

I love The Pixies and I hope you really enjoy seeing them because that ain't no small jack, I know. I'm just amazed because it wasn't even what, 7 years ago, when I saw them at Voodoo Fest and I'm pretty sure to get into the festival back then it didn't even cost $30, for the entire day.

I wonder if Fugazi were still playing, how much they'd charge nowadays?

• Members

i just went and picked them up to avoid the charge.

we have seen them twice since they got back together... the chicago show at the Aragon, and then then "opened" :facepalm: for Weezer 2 summers ago

$45!

And that's before ticketbastards gets their turn to bend you over further.

I love The Pixies and I hope you really enjoy seeing them because that ain't no small jack, I know. I'm just amazed because it wasn't even what, 7 years ago, when I saw them at Voodoo Fest and I'm pretty sure to get into the festival back then it didn't even cost $30, for the entire day.

I wonder if Fugazi were still playing, how much they'd charge nowadays?

• Members

i just went and picked them up to avoid the charge.

we have seen them twice since they got back together... the chicago show at the Aragon, and then then "opened"
:facepalm:
for Weezer 2 summers ago

Some places will still charge you some of the fees so that's really cool the venue didn't do that.

They're performing Doolittle front to end?

• Members

PIXIES APPPPPPPRRRRRREEEEESH

[video=youtube;DszMp8mGGQ8]

Girls Keep Asking Me "Really?" ;)

[video=youtube;LK0CJqMK6f0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK0CJqMK6f0

No Lo-FI Video Needed because they're The Pixies!

[video=youtube;cxuyJTNvpHw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxuyJTNvpHw

Only Live Version?!

[video=youtube;KZgYIgQ21Gk]

I Love This Version!

I Really Do.

[video=youtube;T4ZbZ6OdXN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ZbZ6OdXN8

Archived