What's this Dunlop Octavio like?

Operator

• Members

I played a modded one recently that I thought sounded pretty good (I'm not sure if the mods changed the sound. I think the mods were mainly just to put the knobs on top and add an outlet for a power adapter). Really nice bright octave sound.

The pedal itself is freaking huge though. Something I never realized from the pics online.

• Members

Well, I've heard good things about the Hendrix Fuzz Face (I think a Ge one would be more befitting of Jimi, myself), so it could well be good? Got to love the ridiculously huge box, though. Is there so much circuitry in there that it wouldn't fit in a nice little MXR box? Guitar players are ridiculous sometimes. :lol::thu:

• Members

I've been tempted by this pedal too. I've read somewhere, that this pedal is supposed to be used with the Dunlop Fuzz Face. That the effect of both together is what Hendrix used. I could be wrong, but I recall something like, from a pretty reputable source. I'll see if I can find it. Seems like the two together would kick all kinds of ass though.

Edit, ok, not a reliable source, but comments from folks on PGS made me recall this idea: http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-fuzz-pedals-c-602_7/dunlop-jh-oc1-jimi-hendrix-octavio-pedal-p-748

• Members

I like how it sounds in the clips when it's cranked. It's like a fuzz face with more weird in it. I wonder if it's best when stacked as IRG mentions.

I don't know about the Octavio, but the Fulltone Octafuzz sounds way better when stacked with a fuzz after it. Full volume and the fuzz at zero + Fuzzface = awesome.

I've read somewhere that it's the "real" way to use it. But I think that it's sounds great by itself too!

Archived