Fuel my gas for A Hagstrom Swede

JMR

• Members

I have a Super Swede. No pics but it's this one:

SUSWEVSB.JPG

Love it. Fantastic neck, good weight, and a coil split that actually sounds decent. Get it.

+1. Had this exact same guitar and LOVED IT! Stupidly sold it to Jules-RM who has been playing it for almost 3 years now.

The SUPER Swede is 25.5" Scale, so it's tight and round, but still that LP kind of tone. Swede's are more like Les Pauls in feel.

Get one.

• Members

+1. Had this exact same guitar and LOVED IT! Stupidly sold it to Jules-RM who has been playing it for almost 3 years now.

The SUPER Swede is 25.5" Scale, so it's tight and round, but still that LP kind of tone. Swede's are more like Les Pauls in feel.

Get one.

Thanks again ;)

ANCIENT board pic, but yeah these are my main guitars now:

041410Julesrig.jpg

The sustain on the Super Swede is just insane, more than your average well set up LP, I think it's something to do with that tailpiece and the special "twist proof" neck. Since I bought it I removed the silly pickguard, added a metal jack plate and installed a SD Custom Custom in the bridge (with the coil split switch just wired to the neck PU, I never saw the point in splitting the bridge). One of my favorite tones is both pickups with the neck slightly rolled off and split with plenty of OD, sounds like the freak baby of a LP and a Tele. I haven't bothered to replace the neck PU yet, sounds pretty good in the neck, but the bridge just didn't have enough output for me. I'm pretty sure it's the same exact PU in both positions.

The neck is SUPER playable. I was recording a song with a Jag and was having issues being able play the lead guitar on it. I thought, what the hell, could use a different tone anyway. First take was a keeper. I loved how the Jag sounded, but that Hag just played itself.

It's a killer. It's a Flashboy, oh.

• Members

I put mean 90s in my super swede, and it is definitely my favorite guitar to play. I am thinking of getting another and adding another set to them because I love it so much. Honestly, I preferred its sound, feel and neck to the Gibson 50's tribute w/ p90s I had.

Archived