warioblast

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and on another note, what a great performance by smalling in his first big test
:thu:

:thu::thu:

Before the game, Mike Summerbee was saying City should target Smalling as he was the weak link in Utd's team. :D

... And in the post-match analysis, it was really funny when Summerbee got really worked up and tried starting an argument with Dwight Yorke...

Great goal by Rooney and also from Nani; a great first touch and composed finish.

• Members

... And in the post-match analysis, it was really funny when Summerbee got really worked up and tried starting an argument with Dwight Yorke...

Yes I was killing myself laughing at that. Summerbee getting all flustered because United were getting all the praise, and Yorkie says, "Yeah but United took their chances, you didn't" I thought his head was going to explode. :D

And I thought it was only the younger City fans who were bitter.

• Members

Utd's midfield was poor though. Fletchers radar seems to have been off for some time. Smalling had a good game, and playing O'shea instead of Rafael was probably the sensible thing to do.

Where's Wes Brown these days?

• Members

Awesome goal!! United have been so suspect all season but they seem destined to win this year....they just seem to rise to the occasion. Hopefully Rooney will continue rounding into form and they can finish the later part of the season in the usual post Xmas break United fashion.

Love beating City and crushing their title dreams...:thu:

• Members

Utd's midfield was poor though. Fletchers radar seems to have been off for some time. Smalling had a good game, and playing O'shea instead of Rafael was probably the sensible thing to do.

I agree, no one has really shone in midfield with any real consistency other than Scholes (who was awful at times today) and Giggs. Our two oldest outfield players. We need to spend the budget on the centre midfield IMO, because Carrick and Gibson just don't cut the mustard and as you say, Fletcher has blown hot and cold this season.

Still if this Qatar deal goes through, we could have Xavi and Iniesta next season! :D

• Members
I agree, no one has really shone in midfield with any real consistency other than Scholes ............... Still if this Qatar deal goes through, we could have Xavi and Iniesta next season!
:D

Did you read what Xavi had to say about Scholes earlier this week:

Xavi reserves special praise for current United midfielder Scholes, who he rates as the most complete player in the position.

"In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen - the most complete - is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything.

"He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn't give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more."

High praise...

• Members

I fear for next season.

Rio cannot play 40-50 games anymore, Scholes and Giggs, whilst both still capable of brilliance must surely start to wane at some point. The remaining central midfielders lack the creativity needed to unlock a defence (although im still hoping Anderson will put together a consistent period of form). Can imagine Carrick being sold in the summer, and hopefully Gibson.

Xavi and Iniesta would be good, I'd settle for Rodwell, a goalkeeper (De Gea? Neuer?) and a left sided, more creative player. Not sure who could fit that role...

Archived