NPD... What the Blunder hell!

vidnotlaw

• Members

How's it compare to the standard musket?

It has a TON of volume...like a crazy amount compared to the original, I have mine around 3 O clock, its definetly alot brighter and has a bit more attack. The tone control seems to have a bit more depth as well. Im having a bit of trouble getting it to mingle with my oranges clean channel but itll take some time to tweak it out. For right now I got it sound pretty good, just need to fiddle with the knobs a bit more. I like it a lot more for guitar but if I played bass I would stick with the original.

• Members

It has a TON of volume...like a crazy amount compared to the original, I have mine around 3 O clock, its definetly alot brighter and has a bit more attack. The tone control seems to have a bit more depth as well. Im having a bit of trouble getting it to mingle with my oranges clean channel but itll take some time to tweak it out. For right now I got it sound pretty good, just need to fiddle with the knobs a bit more. I like it a lot more for guitar but if I played bass I would stick with the original.

Awesome... what Orange do you have? I had the Twosome, but I couldn't get it to sound as good I was hoping with my Thunderverb, and I just couldn't justify the price for it disagreeing with my amp so I ended up returning it. I'd be interested to hear how compatible it ends up being

• Members

Awesome... what Orange do you have? I had the Twosome, but I couldn't get it to sound as good I was hoping with my Thunderverb, and I just couldn't justify the price for it disagreeing with my amp so I ended up returning it. I'd be interested to hear how compatible it ends up being

I have a orange thunder 30. The musket sounded great with my vox, but im starting to think my orange doesnt take overdrive or any kinda distortion other than a boost well. :S I did get it to sound pretty good, its just a bit "spikey" if that makes alot of sense but I bet its just my amp. Im trying to work around not having to fiddle with my clean channel.

Also I got really bored and did this...hope this guy Im trading likes red knobs :S

tumblr_lgugdy1F9B1qfp736o1_500.jpg

• Members

Gotcha. I've had similar experience with ODs and my Orange. The only fuzz that has sounded great with minimal issues on the clean channel has been a EHX big muff pie. Still really tempted to pull the trigger on one of these though, especially if there is more volume. I really liked the musket side of the twosome with my Orange, but there was a rather noticable volume drop that made things kinda difficult

• Members

I have a orange thunder 30. The musket sounded great with my vox, but im starting to think
my orange doesnt take overdrive or any kinda distortion other than a boost well
. :S I did get it to sound pretty good, its just a bit "spikey" if that makes alot of sense but I bet its just my amp. Im trying to work around not having to fiddle with my clean channel.

Also I got really bored and did this...hope this guy Im trading likes red knobs :S

tumblr_lgugdy1F9B1qfp736o1_500.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUU. I want a TH30 so bad, but I love mah Twosome. Other than that how are you liking the TH30?

Also, the red knobs on the Musket look effing awesome.

• Members

The trick to running gain pedals through the Oranges (at least the ones I have played) is to run the gain on the channel absurdly low, and crank the volume on both the amp and pedal for best results. It still isn't the best sounding pedal amp, but it can sound good if you get things dialed in right

• Members

The trick to running gain pedals through the Oranges (at least the ones I have played) is to run the gain on the channel absurdly low, and crank the volume on both the amp and pedal for best results. It still isn't the best sounding pedal amp, but it can sound good if you get things dialed in right

Unfortunately the orange I have doesnt have a gain knob on my clean side :/ I think I did help by eventually giving up and changing the settings on my clean channel by upping the bass a bit and trying to find a nice medium between the two haha. Love the pedal either way!

Archived