Best Comprehensive Loop Pedal

gschmittling

• Members

I'm not even sure one exists like this, but let me see. Here's what I'm looking for a loop to do.

For longer loops I can stop it and start it and have the loop continue as if it didn't stop. For example let's say I'm playing a G - Em - Am - D progression and I stop in on the Em for a bar and when I start it again I want it to start on the Am. I would also like to have the ability to restart it from the beginning as well.

The ability to loop a number of parts but take away parts that I recorded before. For example I loop parts 1, 2, 3, 4 and half way through I want to stop loop 2 but have #3, 4 and keep going.

The ability to record and go between two completely different loops. One for verse and one for chorus. and be able to switch between the two without redoing loops.

Am I dreaming or does one like this exist?

• Members

That seems ridiculously impossible.

Well, okay, maybe not impossible- but ridiculously impractical to build something with options like that.

I don't know anything that can do anything within that ball part.

To sum up:

You want a looper that can start where you stopped it last (instead of restarting from the beginning of the loop- sorta like pausing), but still has the ability to start from the beginning of the loop.

And you want to be able to undo particular layers when overdubbing.

on top you want multiple banks.

Man...

Why not just record it all on a CD player, then play it live. Better yet a bunch of CD players. :D

In seriousness though, you'll be able to get Undo (but not the particular way you want), multiple banks, and maybe pausing loops- but you won't find that all in one package. Perhaps you could commission someone to build it for you? That would be your best bet if you REALLY want it.

Archived