Good A/B/Y boxes.

TimmyT

• Members

get one from dan at this1smyne. i have an aby and its totally solid and has super bright LEDs. least expensive one you're going to find on the market but its very well made. they even have a mini aby with no LEDs but its super small. i'm sure if you want a "blend" knob added he could totally throw it in there for a little more.

http://www.this1smyne.com/product_list/products/aby-amp-switcher/

• Members

In my experience, I find that passive aby boxes are only good for amps with two independent channels, like the fender drri, or those marshalls with the high/ low inputs.

For between two amps, you really need an isolated switcher, otherwise you'd have to use seperate grounds for each amp.

• Members

Cheers for all the suggestions guys. Really appreciate it. I'm still not sure what I'm going to go with. I do like the idea of the 'blend knob' though Trashbag. Sounds cool. Hopefully I can find one soon. I'm going to run my Hughes and Kettner Duotone through an Orange 2x12 and a Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10 combo. I'm excited to experiment and see what I can come up with. I really need to find a switch that doesn't suck my tone as I've read alot of ABY switches do.

Archived