Anyone else listening to Cut Copy ZONOSCOPE?

• Members

with those comparisons i'll have to give it a try. might be just the thing my wife and i can listen to on our road trip.

fehx4e, i just picked up a boss pn2 per your recommendation.

Kool! Let me know how you like Cut Copy, and the PN2.

I've been using my PN2 a lot lately. I love the panning, and the stereo inputs.

The last half of my board is EHX Stereo PolyChorus > EHX Stereo Memory Man w/ Haz > BOSS PN2 > EHX Cathedral running in stereo to 2 Mike Matthew's Dirt Road Special SS Amps. So many stereo possibilities :love:

• Members

i'm not running a stereo setup, i would imagine that is the best part of the pn2.
:(

Well, yes, that, and the fact that it is a compact BOSS pedal with all the standards (9v barrel, battery op, rugged, etc.)

For the same price, you might be able to get a trem with more mono features.

• Members

I saw that album in a store a couple weeks ago. I hadn't ever heard of them, and had no idea what they sounded like, but the cover art was so intriguing I decided to just buy it. I've been thoroughly enjoying it. :thu: It's not my regular style of music but I'm really digging it. Will definitely look for more from them.

• Members

Well, yes, that, and the fact that it is a compact BOSS pedal with all the standards (9v barrel, battery op, rugged, etc.)

For the same price, you might be able to get a trem with more mono features.

yeah, i picked it up cause it was good price.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

In Ghost Colours is their second album, but the one that REALLY put them on the map. It's overall more poppy and less synth-driven, with more obvious hits. It's hands down my favorite album of 2008, it's perfect from start to finish. Also, it's one my favorite album covers:

Cut_Copy_In_Ghost_Colours_Modular.jpg

• Members

I absolutely love Cut Copy! I've seen them live once, and I'll put another vote in for In Ghost Colours being an incredible album start to finish. Zonoscope takes their sound to a whole new level, and I would expect will get them a lot of due respect.

• Members

You should try to catch this tour while it's still on. Pretty amazing how for a lot of the songs on Zonoscope, the singer, bassist, and guitarists are all either playing modular synths, samplers, or weird percussion, whereas most songs on In Ghost Colours have guitar and bass parts

Archived