Sh*t's f*cked Ricky.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was just trying to explain why the Internet Psychiatrists were making these diagnoses not sleeping is a symptom of these...

The point is that not sleeping is a symptom of lots of things (including something as mundane as cramming for exams).

Just because a certain illness has a certain symptom does not mean that having that symptom proves you have the illness.

• Members

The point is that not sleeping is a symptom of lots of things (including something as mundane as cramming for exams).

Just because a certain illness has a certain symptom does not mean that having that symptom proves you have the illness.

Oh please! Let's get a life people. You guys are ruining HCFX, does my every post need a hyper critical critique?

• Members

Oh please! Let's get a life people. You guys are ruining HCFX, does my every post need a hyper critical critique?

lol you mad bro?

the whole "logic" thing a bit much for ya?

maybe a nice thread about conspiracy theories, your relationship and contribution to multi platinum artists, your epic guitar and tone abilities, then degenerating into you calling anyone who's been here less than a decade "noobs" with instructions to gtfo without you ever backing your claims up would be more to your liking?

• Members

lol you mad bro?

the whole "logic" thing a bit much for ya?

maybe a nice thread about conspiracy theories, your relationship and contribution to multi platinum artists, your epic guitar and tone abilities, then degenerating into you calling anyone who's been here less than a decade "noobs" with instructions to gtfo without you ever backing your claims up would be more to your liking?

yer going on ignore then. which part of {censored} OFF dont you get?

• Members

Just visited my friend in jail for the second time. First time was really awkward, didn't really know what to say to eachother and he seemed a bit odd. This time, he was in a good mood, said jail isn't that bad, he's reading a lot and he is now religious (that was quick haha). He kept saying that everything happens for a reason and that there was a reason he was in jail, stuff of that nature. He seemed a little odd, like almost denial like. He kept saying how he {censored}ed up but how next semester would be better (as if he'd somehow come back to school after this).

• Members

I realise you're being sarcastic of course, but that's the thing; they don't.

But speculating as to what would cause a usually "normal" person to do this is {censored}ed, my guess is that it will take professionals quite some time to figure out. Saying
"my .... did something similar and he had/took XXXX so this guy must have/taken XXXX as well!" makes no sense.

I do agree with this, however; the unfortunate reality of the mental health world is that they train us to diagnose a person based on an interaction that lasts about an hour and a half (sometimes less). We gather relevant history (especially drug history in this case), symptoms that he reports, symptoms that we observe, etc. then make a diagnosis. It's not something that I am exactly comfortable doing the first time I meet a person, but it's the nature of the beast.

Archived